Dinas Dinlle Beach - Christmas visit !

anything Wales Coastline sea angling related here

Moderator: Admin

busadon

Dinas Dinlle Beach - Christmas visit !

Post by busadon » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:11 pm

Hi All,
I'm coming up to North Wales over the Christmas period visiting wifes family and will be staying near and fishing Dinas Dinlle beach and could do with some info'.
Can anyone let me know what's likely to be caught at this time of year along this stretch and what the best baits are for this beach, can you dig/pump bait or where's the nearest/best bait shop - are fish/squid baits any good if there are whiting/codling about as most places ?
I've heard it's a very good Bass beach ( probably more in spring/summer !) but do you get many Codling/Whitng etc.
Is it the same as most southern beaches best fished two hours before high tide and two down fishing close in for Bass in a surf and a decent distance out for Codling and Whiting with night tides best for these species .
Any info'/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Busadon. :) :)

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:32 pm

Fished well in the past not been there for years now, but you might also wish to consider Bangor Pier and the Swellies
Cheers
keith :D :D

busadon

Post by busadon » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks for the info' Keith.
Anyone else got some info' they can share on this beach ?
I'll leave a report on how it's gone when i get back after Christmas.
:) :)

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:38 pm

The reson I sugested Bangor pier is that there are glass shelters along the pier which you can take shelter in the bad weather,

I have found that if as you go on the pier you fish the lefthand side on the incoming tide and let your bait trot down away from you and on the outgoing tide fish the right hand side using the same tactics your chances are very much improved by covering more ground.
Good luck.
Cheers
keith :D :D