Going fishing

anything Wales Coastline sea angling related here

Moderator: Admin

AH
Regular
Regular

Going fishing

Post by AH » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:32 pm

Got my Kind Rag, Edible Peelers and fat juicy Lugworm and am hoping to catch a fish or two later.

The Tides are huge and not a breath of wind outside - Perfect.

Catch you later.

AH
Regular
Regular

Post by AH » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:03 am

The Doggies and pin-whiting had a feast tonight in Trearddur Bay and I caught my first ever Dragonet.

Unfortunately, the fishing was poor and in hindsight I should have fished the beach on the big Spring Tide and not the rock ledges.

On a more serious note, when we arrived on the rock mark we found a rod a reel together with spools of line. I had to scour the area just in case someone had fallen in and no-one came back for the gear. Only an idiot would leave a rod and reel set-up on a rock ledge without considering what would happen if someone found it. Coincidentally a full scale search by Coastguards and Lifeboat was triggered by exactly the same thing earlier this year in Rhoscolyn.

I done the right thing and contacted the Coastguard when I got back just in case someone has not returned from fishing so they would know exactly where to look. Let's hope some poor Mother is not climbing the walls waiting for her Son to return home.

If by any chance the muppet turns up on my doorstep asking for their gear back I will kindly give them a left hook followed by a right for good measure unless they are underage in which case I will give them a right Pollocking.

Ilurvmatthayes
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Ilurvmatthayes » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:12 am

was the gear washed up or sitting in a tripod?

AH
Regular
Regular

Post by AH » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:34 am

A Fladen two foot kayaking rod and Shakespear fixed spool together with float and lure attached all on the rocks together with two spools of line.

It is likely that whoever it was either went home and left/forgot about the gear or had a scout around the ledges and slipped. The tide was a zero drop and it's always interesting to have a look around the waters edge on these massive tides.

Fingers crossed it's someone with more money than sense.