NORTH SHORE-LLANDUDNO

anything Wales Coastline sea angling related here

Moderator: Admin

kayak07

NORTH SHORE-LLANDUDNO

Post by kayak07 » Sat May 15, 2010 10:10 am

well after not getting out for a while i decided to head for llandudno on the north shore,i left only to be met by a wall of solid traffic on the a55!what usually takes 45 mins took me well over an hour and a half!
arrived at my venue by 8.20 ish thought time to get set up as the sun was setting over the gt orme,wish i had remembered the batteries for the camera!
set one rod on a 1 up 1 down rig loaded with rag and lug the other on a pulley rig with lug and squid.
the bites started pretty much instantly,the first fish for me on the shore was a nice plump codling followed by another on the rag and lug.
i changed the hooks on one rig to size 2 as i just wasnt hitting alot of the bites this resulted in a few small whitting and 2 five beard rockling(a first for this year)
then it was dog after dog i had about 11 of them one had a small but whole whitting in its mouth!some of the dogs were a good size!(a first for this year)
i decided at midnight that was that and it was time to pack up and head home after a more than enjoyable session!

buster175
Regular
Regular

Post by buster175 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:09 am

good session mate i was down there myself in may took my 13 year old son and brother they wont usually touch anything they catch but loved handling the doggies :-/

Cheers Dave

JoeLugs

Post by JoeLugs » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:10 pm

Im off there this coming weekend with my work mate.hope to fish the beach sat afternoon and then maybe the peir sunday if your allowed to fish there. Dose anyone know if i would catch mackerel there ? joe 8->

kayak07

Post by kayak07 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:59 am

hi,i have heard there getting them there and if you wish to fish the pier you can obtain a ticket from the tackle shop there.
shrimp rigs work very well for them :)

JoeLugs

Post by JoeLugs » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:25 pm

great ill let you know how we get on. I cant wait im like a kid on christmas eve :-w . Is the tackle shop ok for fresh bait? joe