Moderator: Admin

shad

Pet hates

Post by shad »

squidhead
Regular
Regular

Post by squidhead »

Agree 100% on what your saying shad. My gripe is they seem to do it when im baiting up, worm in one hand and hook in other, and creep up and ask caught anything. Its a wonder i've not ended up with a hook in finger. happened a few times at brid on monday.

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Hey know where you are coming from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............................................................but, did you catch much ???????

JOLI >:)

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi, i dont mind that so much, usually its just used as an ice breaker to get chatting. Lets face it, if they know naff all about fishing they cant ask what rig your using etc. If i have a gripe, its when they come onto the beach with the kids, and seeing you fishing run into the sea right in front of your rod, and splash around joyously. they even do it when the beach to left and right for hundreds of yards is clear. My 2nd and worst gripe is boaters, they know we fish the pier at scarborough, but when they come in they deliberately come close to the wall and take the lines with them dragging everything over or in the sea. this has been done quite a few times now, the latest only a few weeks ago. He got snotty over it because he had 2 mates with him, and said we had seen him coming and should have reeled in, theres a wall over 8ft high, so how the hell could we see him. his excuse was it wasnt a car and he couldnt go wherever he likes, am i the only one that thinks its cars that cant do that, and boats have thousands of square yds to use to enter a harbour.

shad

holiday makers

Post by shad »

broadis

Post by broadis »

jet skiers do it for me!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggghh

sheep
Occasional
Occasional

Post by sheep »

little kids fishing with no adult does my head in, fair enough if they were trust worthy but the majority aren't and then they just treat the fish they catch (if they catch any) like s***, they more or less toture them

JimKayak
Occasional
Occasional

Post by JimKayak »

Things that annoy me slightly are people who have all the best kit, usually turn up in somekind of big van with a mobile tackle shop and then assemble some rod that would be better suited to pole fishing in holland, and then go for the cast that u would think will go straight out in front of them...but in reality go in a straight line...usually way left...and up, and over the other anglers next door.

Kids...well they gotta start somewhere, but the parents do need some eduaction into what is deemed acceptible behavoir. A case of strongbow on a rock mark is not an ideal scenario. The litter aswell...do they think west wales has a rock cleaning squad?

And, the only other real problem can be other anglers, who when on a beach, at night, creep up on you to ask what u may have had, bites etc...at about the same time I am rebaiting....do make a bit of noise before tapping me on the shoulder....as in turn yer headlamp on, so i dont end up with another 3/0 hook through my thumb.

Its always good to talk.....but still

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Who is Victor Meldrew ? or even Ron Rotwieller ?.............lol >:)
JOLI

fishhunter
Regular
Regular

Post by fishhunter »

What a grumpy lot you guys are.....lol

My biggest pet hate is getting to my favourite spot and finding someone else there lobbing feathers about.

Another pet hate of mine is an untidy newspaper.....i hate it with all the pages out of line of one another......and i HATE blanking

breamer

Post by breamer »

(!!!!!!!!! WELL I HATE MARMITE !!!!!!!!)

essexkenny
Regular
Regular

Post by essexkenny »

I agree completely with the whole boats deliberately trying to drag peoples tackle into the sea, there is a guy from the local yacht club an canvey who does this at a popular spot on Canvey Sea Wall. He looks for what general direction peoples line are, and then motors up and down repeatedly to try and snag them, or he will wait fro somebody to cast out and then motor as quickly as he can, around in a circle above roughly where their trace has landed. Then after around 30 mins of this behavior he then heads back into the yacht club again!!
X(
Although much to his dismay, the last time he turned up to play at his anitcs, I happened to be there with a few friends, and he decided he was going to play the game of waiting to see where our traces landed, so we cast shorter than usual, and then when he was motoring around in a circle above where out wieghts landed, out come the spare rod/reels, and we then started to all at the same time, repeatedly cast 8oz grip leads (no trace, just lead on its own) at him. Cast out reel in cast out reel in cast out reel in, repeatedly, as quick as possible. After the 4 of us doing this and him acquiring a hole in the top of the cabin on his boat, he decided to leave pretty quickly >:)
Funnily enough, I havent seen him since. :>