worms head massacre

anything Wales Coastline sea angling related here

Moderator: Admin

celticcatch
Occasional
Occasional

worms head massacre

Post by celticcatch »

Went down worms head yesterday and was told "plenty of mackerel about, no bass" and boy... he wasn't kidding.

Climbed down onto one of the ledges and the amount of rubbish was disgusting. I picked up and bagged as much as I could carry (yep..there was that much)but it was impossible for me to get it all.

Set up my rod and put a trace on hoping to get a mackie or two in for bait and as I walked to the edge I could see in the water the bodies of ...I wouldnt even like to guess..maybe 30-40..mackerel. Scattered all around the rock, sat on the bottom of the sea. Along with this mass grave were 3 dogfish and a jellyfish.

Whoever has done this needs to be taught a lesson.. I think the number to phone is 0800 807060 if you ever see anyone taking under sized fish or killing them and throwing them back in for the hell of it. X(

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand »

sorry to read of your find mate

just ignorant folk who couldn careless

no need for that at all, i would do more than make a call if i caught so called anglers killing fish for the sake of it

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

I call them chavanglers. Unfortunately they do turn up in the summer, usually thick as two short planks with rubbishy tackle and no idea how to fish properly. Sometimes they ask me where to go and what to do, but I know a chav when I see one and they get nothing out of me.

shad

Post by shad »

we get this sort of thing down hear in pembroke from time to time, the they winge that theirs no fish in the sea
they just don't care! idiots out their and they can't conect it to being part of the resson the fish are hardder to catch, prat's X( and that's part of the reson why the sea licence would of helped stop even though i was against the licence as it would be to hard to police but on the outher hand it may would put people or idiots like this off going fishing.
not everyone is like me and you whom do care! #:-S

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

I have seen the same thing in the past but in this case it was perpetrated by young children with HANDLINES would you believe, with their parents of guardians looking on. X( X(

This is one of the reasaons why we had a childrens competition this year at Holyhead.

Not only were they taught how to catch fish but also how to unhook them and release them to fight another day. :D :D

Cheers keith :D :D
Last edited by rabbi2 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

celticcatch
Occasional
Occasional

Post by celticcatch »

good to hear your opinion shad. i've heard the whole "if the trawlers can do it why cant i"...angers me. i'm not sure a license fee is the right idea... but maybe just 'cleanse' or educate the idiots who don't understand the cycle of life. not only are people destroying the fish stock but also worm/cockel/mussel beds. i've only recently started out myself but feel like i've fished for years.catch and release and very picking when collecting bait. i think it's generally a lot of immgrants who dont know our laws...but theres also the british people who are FULLY aware.

i've decided i'm going to stop posting reports here with any helpful information in them. i caught a cracking little bass the other day but if i say the location...how long before it fills with rubbish and gets overfished? I don't mind sharing tips with genuine members so im sorry if i come across as a bit of a bar steward

diceman

Post by diceman »

I think your right about the amount the lack of respect for the environment that seems to go on at popular marks. I've only just started fishing but almost every 'popular' Mark I've visited has been strewn with rubbish and discarded tackle I've found it quite distressing at times seeing how often the enjoyment of beutiful spots can be ruined by a few selfish individuals dropping trash, crowding marks, and taking far more than they can possibly need for the table or bait

shad

Post by shad »

celticcatch
your welcom, I'm the same when i do catch a bass i always reless but their again that goes for all the fish i catch dogs an all,
no matter the size and just love seeing outher people faces when let a good 5lb bass go back to sea these lads was from the rondda vallys an and started fishing by me and my mrs one night can remember just seeing thier faces as i let the fish go and hearing them say "your not going to let that go shorley thats a keeper. and they cant work it out that bass if its still out their is going to breading and putting more life back in to the sea they just don't get it :-S :(( i take a quick snap with my camra on my mobile phone and its back swiming an harrassing sandeels.