Caemis Bay, Anglesey

anything Wales Coastline sea angling related here

Moderator: Admin

Mossy

Caemis Bay, Anglesey

Post by Mossy »

I have purchased a Mirror dinghy with an outboard and am planning on going fishing from Caemis Bay in Anglesey, could anyone give me some advise as to when is the best time to go out fishing. Is it best when tide is coming in or going out? any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Going out when its a bit warmer, not yet.

Thanx.

leadchukka14

Post by leadchukka14 »

If you mean cemaes bay theres a lad who posts here called AH,he should be able to help you.

hope this helps

regards

Mossy

Post by Mossy »

Thanx for the advise, sorry about the spelling, were can i find AH? cheers

leadchukka14

Post by leadchukka14 »

mossy,wasnt taking the mick of your spelling butty.
AH,is on site most days he will give you a response to your post.

goodluck in your ventures

regards

AH
Regular
Regular

Post by AH »

Mossy, don't mean to sound like an old woman but a mirror is a sailing dinghy. There are exceptionally strong tides around Cemaes, running at 7 knots by Camel Head just around the corner. Some guy drowned last year in a small boat, found his body up by Blackpool two weeks later. There are plenty of safer places, such as Penrhos or the Inland Sea Holyhead which are sheltered and ideal for dinghy fishing, and the fishing is much better. Plenty of Bass and flatties around here. Launch at Holyhead and you're be in Penrhos is less that 5 minutes. Bass are caught all year round in Penrhos and last year must have been the best year ever. Basically if you breakdown around Cemaes you're in serious trouble because the tides will take you towards the Skerries Lighthouse, the fishing boats avoid this place when the tide rips because the sea becomes confused and could easily capsize the craft or force you onto a reef. I nearly went down off the Skerries 10year ago when an inexperienced owner threw his anchor into deep water with a 7 knot tide racing with hundreds of yards of slack, what an idiot. The undercurrent took the rope and the resistance nearly took us under, I had to cut the rope and will never forget seeing piss running down my mates leg when he saw the bow dipping under. Went nuts with the skipper because we warned him before hand not to anchor.

Mossy

Post by Mossy »

Thanx for the advise, much appreciated, i will take your advise and fish elsewere. its just that when i was a nipper 30years ago i used to go out with my folks in their mirror, but its obviously not worth taking a chance.

If i go to Holyhead is it ok to just leave the trailer or do i have to inform some one first, secondly, is it best to go out when the tide is coming in or going out?

Cheers.

AH
Regular
Regular

Post by AH »

There's a new slipway in Bolsach Holyhead close to the town. It will be ok to leave your trailer here and there's no charge for launching. If you wan't let us know when your coming down and i'll show you were to go.

Mossy

Post by Mossy »

Thanks for your help, will do. cheers