Rumour???

anything Wales Coastline sea angling related here

Moderator: Admin

Smithy_A

Rumour???

Post by Smithy_A »

I was in the tackle shop today. And apparently there was a 26lb cod caught in barry. No sure if it was true tho.

leadchukka14

Post by leadchukka14 »

theyll tell you anything to sell you bait. =))

you should have said i know i caught it.

Smithy_A

Post by Smithy_A »

i know lol. They will do that. :)

AH
Regular
Regular

Post by AH »

Barry once produced the British Record shore caught Cod. although well beaten now.

Smithy_A

Post by Smithy_A »

Any idea what the recors is now?

leadchukka14

Post by leadchukka14 »

The british record shore caught cod was caught at toms point,barry in 1966,a record that still stands today.it weighed 44-08-00 and was caught by B JONES.

you can see mr jones ,not only fishing various venues around Barry,but he was putting a lot back into sea fishing by teaching young kids the art of sea fishing.

hopes this helps

regards

AH
Regular
Regular

Post by AH »

Mikethepike - Thanks for looking up the record did'nt think is still stood.

skinny

26 pounder

Post by skinny »

spoke to one of the boys about that fish he said they got it from over the english side,they say they got it over here so as it looks good for the fishing in cardiff,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the charter boats

AH
Regular
Regular

Post by AH »

I'm confused! I though it was a shore caught record. Mr B. Jones must also be the beachcasting record holder to cast across the Severn Estuary. So you're telling me he caught this fish in England, waited until he got to Wales then weighed it in and dared to lie about where he caught it. That's a load of Codswallop. What has this got to do with Charter Boats are you saying Mr Jones' Cod was caught from an English Charter boat. I'm sure the lads from Barry would have something to say about this.

leadchukka14

Post by leadchukka14 »

AH,i think skinny was on about the cod caught in barry,as reported by smithy crossed lines i think :-/

AH
Regular
Regular

Post by AH »

Sorry Skinny, I got the wrong fish. Thought you were talking about the record. My fault, I owe you an apology.

mickyfinn007
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mickyfinn007 »

Don't believe everything you hear, unless you know who caught it !!!!!