Fallen for a Daiwa 7HT Turbo

anything Wales Coastline sea angling related here

Moderator: Admin

AH
Regular
Regular

Fallen for a Daiwa 7HT Turbo

Post by AH »

The new Daiwa Millionaire 7HT Turbo are the dogs bollocks. Recently bought one and I am not lying in saying that it the smoothest casting reel I have ever used. Wide spool and robust one piece cage allowing you to get your thumb right over the spool. Comfortable handle grip, smooth retrieve and an excellent star drag. If the gears stand the test of time then I can see this reel going real far. It does not have a ratchet and the metallic red finish is likely to scratch off. Retrieve ratio of 5.2:1 does not compare to the SL20 or Pen 525 but the ability to rotate the handle with ease allows for quicker hand speed and more turns. P.S. Going to Aber Menai Point tommorow, so don't be surprised if you happen to live in Caernarfon and 5 ounces of lead, wire and crab crashes through your window, it's Just me trying out my new toy over on Anglesey. Never fished this mark before so I will not post what I catch advising you on how to benefit from a four mile hike over sand dunes in floatation suits.