fishing clubs in or around port talbot

anything Wales Coastline sea angling related here

Moderator: Admin

englisheddie

fishing clubs in or around port talbot

Post by englisheddie »

hi anyone know for a club near port talbot i am a complete novice so nothing to professional
thanks in advance eddie :D

ric

Post by ric »

What areas are you thinking of fishing? Im gonna start going to a few places on the heritage coast soon. Two of us going, im sure we can fit you in if your interested. On call this weekend so cant travel far, but hoping to have a second crack at the big un i lost while being watched by a crowd on none other than nab rock, swansea a couple of days ago.

englisheddie

Post by englisheddie »

dont mind where i go to fish. have only been down aberavon and loughor so far as very new to it all. am off work tomorrow and am going down pembrey somewhere with one of the boys from work. with the shifts i work i have different times and days off every week i drive trains down in carmarthen and see people finshing everywhere makes me very jealous lol. :( even more so just latley as the weather has been nice for a change and i am stuck on a hot train X(

ric

Post by ric »

LOL, used to work for british rail in canton, cardiff. Was tempted to go for the guard job ( as i still call them) in carmarthen that was just advertised. I am on call this weekend, but will be fishing a couple of evenings possibly next week, and will be fishing some nice places the following weekend. If you want to meet up then let us know mate.

colesy

Post by colesy »

welcome englisheddie.
I am one of 4 mates(soon to be 5 as another one has taken up fishing) who go every friday night during the winter months
and as often as we can in the summer(we also go out on my boat from porthcawl as often as the British Weather permits, You would be welcome to join us. We go everywhere along the s.wales.coast from west wales to penarth 3 of us have fished for years and the other 2 are quite new at it but full on enthusiasts now.
Let me know if it's of interest, and I can advise when we are going and where there's a fair bit of banter and mickey taking and a general good laugh, but some good fish as well.....
Alan

englisheddie

Post by englisheddie »

hi ric . is still call them guards as i started on the valleys as one. will arrange at some point to meet up working alot at the moment though grabbing rest days while they are there will get in touch though. you should try for that job its money for nothing llol :D

englisheddie

Post by englisheddie »

hi alan. sounds good to me will have to arrange something. problem at the moment am working as much as i can but will take you up on the offer as soon as i can. not sure about the boat though last time i went out years ago all i remember is being very ill i was rough though. :(

thebigbassman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by thebigbassman »

eddie if you go to dragon baits they got a flyer of the sea angling club in there but i can't remember what they are called

ric

Post by ric »

Couple of people are thinking about starting a new angling group in swansea. To just meet once a fortnight or so to go fishing, and a pub for a base to have meeting over where to go. Could be interesting.
If something like this exists in the area from swansea to pt talbot then maybe thats the way to go. Many people are put off by the club sishing the big comps, whereas internal friendly comps may be enticing for some !

thebigbassman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by thebigbassman »

ric wrote:Couple of people are thinking about starting a new angling group in swansea. To just meet once a fortnight or so to go fishing, and a pub for a base to have meeting over where to go. Could be interesting.
If something like this exists in the area from swansea to pt talbot then maybe thats the way to go. Many people are put off by the club sishing the big comps, whereas internal friendly comps may be enticing for some !
i know this club is just local boys getting together every so often and a few friendly comps

ric

Post by ric »

Will look next time im there. I know anglers corner in Llanelli do a similar thing but they meet up in a pub to discuss venues etc

englisheddie

Post by englisheddie »

hi have seen the flyer in dragon baits but it was out of date by about six months will ask next time i go in there if they know if its still meeting.

ric

Post by ric »

out of interest post the club name and details here, someone may find it useful.