Dvice weight system

Only for the discussion of Terminal Tackle ie: Links, crimps, Swivels, clips, weights and so on.
hythespirit

Dvice weight system

Post by hythespirit » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:58 pm

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone has used the DVice weights as I was thinking of investing in some,
they seem like a good idea but would like some feedback before investing me hard earned.

Thanks
keith,

mld

Post by mld » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:11 pm

I found them a bit cumbersome to use. They make a hell of a splash, and I found that they dragged a lot reeling in. The bait didn't eject every time, a bit annoying when you fish for twenty minutes, then discover the ruddy bait is still in the tube. I bought three, with spare tubes, but don't use them now.

stuartdv

Post by stuartdv » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:38 pm

Disagree with the previous post. The Dvice has to be one of the best recent innovations in angling. Absolutely perfect for delivering big baits big distances and with the guarantee that they are intact without having to cocoon them in bait elastic. You wont find a better way of casting big squid or worm baits a long way. Also Perfect for casting head hooked rag worm as the tube protects the bait.

Doddle to use and I've had no problems reeling in- if anything I've found they'reasier than a lead with rig attached because they plane to the surface.

i was sceptical at first and it took me a while to accept them into my tackle box but I'm a complete convert. If the bait is still in the tube then you're doing something wrong - either ramming too much bait in too tight (though I have rammed loads in and it ejects every time) or the trajectory of your cast is too shallow.

if your fishing involves casting big baits a good distance or say head hooked rag it's well worth investing in a few-

Ps if Mid doesn't use his maybe you could cover his postage costs and he could send his to you- LOL
Last edited by stuartdv on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shannock
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by shannock » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:47 pm

same here bought two and found the bait in them still after 20 odd mins

so gave them away

load of rubbish just use a clippeed down rig lot better

may be i set them up wrong

cheers steve

Harwoody
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Harwoody » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:17 pm

I have only used this a couple of times. I used it on the riverside in Newhaven. It certainly delivered the bait and i have to admit i was impressed when i retrieved a rathre intact piece of mackeral. Unusual for me lmao.

however, when using it on a silt floor it tends to fill up due to the tide and it so hard to bring in. The drainage holes dont always work but 9/10 it does.

Good luck with whatever route you choose to take.

hythespirit

Post by hythespirit » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:42 pm

fishingbloke

Post by fishingbloke » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:02 pm

I use 'em most of the time and have had no problems whatever. The occasional non-eject but then I've had clip downs fail as well.

It's by far the best way to get a fragile bait out to any distance and still in one piece. Ideal for fishing small live baits such as prawns at distance too.

Have to always make sure that the hook length is long enough to hang below the the Dvice itself before it is put in the tube.

I've never had problems with the retrieve. Once it's off the sea bed and you wind quick enough, it just planes across the surface.

As in all things, it has it's advantages and disadvantages and is not suitable for ALL fishing occasions but if you're over cleanish ground and want to cast a bulky or fragile bait any sort of distance, then this is the answer.

yoxford

Post by yoxford » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:19 pm

I have used them and I found they worked well.
If you load the tube up with too much bait it does sometimes get stuck in the tube.
I have only used the longer ones, but I will give the shorter ones a try