beads

Only for the discussion of Terminal Tackle ie: Links, crimps, Swivels, clips, weights and so on.
kingy

beads

Post by kingy » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:42 pm

i normally use 4 beads on my hook links and was wondering if this is the norm or would it be better to use more or less and use combinations of color all help much appreciated :D

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: beads

Post by flattiefanatic » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:22 pm

kingy wrote:i normally use 4 beads on my hook links and was wondering if this is the norm or would it be better to use more or less and use combinations of color all help much appreciated :D
All depends on what you are fishing for tbh,flounders like a bit of colour as do plaice(when the water is clear)with these 2 species theres nothing wrong with plenty of beads or sequins on your hook lengths.

When sole fishing fishing i tend to use 2 red beads near the hook length(mostly to keep the bait on the bottom)but red beads seem to work for me as i have had sole on them.

Fishing for whiting at night i use luminous beads(the ones u can charge with your headlamp)i normally put 2 on each trace and have caught plenty of whiting with that method.

Apart from the fish above i tend not to use beads(my preference others may varie)hope that helps.......... B-)

crazy-dude
Regular
Regular

Re: beads

Post by crazy-dude » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:01 pm

kingy wrote:i normally use 4 beads on my hook links and was wondering if this is the norm or would it be better to use more or less and use combinations of color all help much appreciated :D
I usually use four or more. Try luminous beads, sequins and different colours.
Experiment when you are out fishing to find the ideal setup for the mark you are fishing.
B-)

kingy

Post by kingy » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:26 pm

thanks for the help guys