Anyone use Tronix 4-Way Beads?

Only for the discussion of Terminal Tackle ie: Links, crimps, Swivels, clips, weights and so on.
Esskie

Anyone use Tronix 4-Way Beads?

Post by Esskie » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Saw these 4-way beads at the w/end and again online and wondered if anyone has used them?

I'm a firm believer in keeping things simple (less to go wrong) so if they can help simplify paternoster rigs & help avoid tangles I'd like to give them a try

Thanks in advance for any help, advice or assistance
Cheers, Andy

andymad
Regular
Regular

Post by andymad » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:27 pm

There used with flurocarbon line to minimise the fish seing them in clear water,ie when scratching around for smaller fish.I havent used them myself but some of my mates rate them when the fishing is hard

Esskie

Post by Esskie » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:05 pm

Thanks andymad,
Been meaning to buy a spool of fluocarbon line to fill the reel on my bass rod with ironically enough.....thought about braid but the fluocarbon is better for me I think but that's another post

I never actually thought about the stealth factor to be honest, instead thinking more about simpler rigs but they go together in a way?

I can see how they'd be good for flatties, they don't really like coloured water much do they

So are they like 2 regular beads stuck side by side kind of thing with the line exiting directly opposite it's entry hole??, it's hard to make out but looks like the line exits at a 90degrees?

Cheers, Andy

andymad
Regular
Regular

Post by andymad » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:45 pm

I think its 1 bead with holes vertical and horizontal,a small stop knot holds the snood and bead in place,i will be getting a couple of packs as they are great in clear water and when used properly the baits are presented in a natural way

Esskie

Post by Esskie » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:23 pm

conga
Regular
Regular

Post by conga » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:51 am

andymad wrote:There used with flurocarbon line to minimise the fish seing them in clear water,ie when scratching around for smaller fish.I havent used them myself but some of my mates rate them when the fishing is hard
I've heard of them being used in freshwater to construct helicopter rigs instead of using a normal swivel/beads which are much more visible to shy fish.If it gets you extra bites then its got to be worth a go,Cheers, Mick :) :)