Rotten Bottoms ???????

Only for the discussion of Terminal Tackle ie: Links, crimps, Swivels, clips, weights and so on.
essexkenny
Regular
Regular

Rotten Bottoms ???????

Post by essexkenny » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:46 pm

I have a couple of marks close to me which are a bit tackle hungry, but need a decent cast to get a chance of a decent fish or two.

Ive never liked the idea of trying to cast by hanging the lead on one of the hook type rotten bottoms, and tied to the rig with 10lb line for when it released, incase it unclipped accidentally befor/while casting.
Somebody told me once that "Breakaway Tackle" do a weight clip which actually releases the lead if it gets snagged, but holds it securely enough to be used for power casting. Has a white plastic washer that slides along it when it hits the water.

Thing is, are they any good, and do they work?????

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:51 pm

Manic muppet knows all about rotten bottoms (he has one) lol :D :D >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)
Cheers
keith :D :D

baitdigger
Regular
Regular

Post by baitdigger » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:53 pm

Kenny
I dont like the 'breakaway' link but Gemini do a good one, it's quite expensive though.
Have a look at Running Leads April 4th on my bloghttp://baitdigger.wordpress.com/

conga
Regular
Regular

Post by conga » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:40 am

rabbi2 wrote:Manic muppet knows all about rotten bottoms (he has one) lol :D :D >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)
Cheers
keith :D :D
I think he might have some competition after last nights curry Keith !! :(( :(( >:) >:)

mickallton

Post by mickallton » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 am

Alright Keith

You havent just sold a Conoflex Cod 5 by any chance have you.

stingraysteve
Occasional
Occasional

Post by stingraysteve » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:50 am

I've always gone with simplicity for rotten bottom rigs a 3 way swival straight to your main line/shockleader then a gemini clip with the bait hook on it, tie the weight with 6/8lb line to the bottom of the eye then just hang the weight to the gemini clip, hook snood from middle eye on swival, Simple as and belive me you can put some power through the cast,
hope this helps, steve