painting pirks and lures

Only for the discussion of Terminal Tackle ie: Links, crimps, Swivels, clips, weights and so on.
andy07

painting pirks and lures

Post by andy07 »

hi,
was just wondering if anyone knew the best way to paint pirks and lures. i am currently using car spray paint to spray green fish lures but they just do not look of a good professional quality of those bought in a tackle shop. any other alternative paint colors would also be a big help
any help given will be appreciated.

cheers,

Andy

bucko
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bucko »

I used to paint mine using car spray paint, dont forget to use primer and clear coat as well though. I used to hang them from the washing line while spraying them. But make sure the washing isn't out, or it might be a bit dangerous.
You can also buy the plastic coating but you need to heat up the leads before dipping them in to the plastic powder.

squiresoak

Post by squiresoak »

Ever thought about using nail varnish, theres all sorts of colours including sparkly ones, not that I am in any way an expert or user of such products.

:-O :-O

andy07

Post by andy07 »

cheers for the help guys

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Acrilic spray paints seem to work best and lasts longer than celulose and you can even give them a coat of varnish.

Cheers keith :D :D

stroodsue
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by stroodsue »

my Tom is very much into this at th emoment.. buying blanks and painting them up..

he has used car spray paint on the washing line lol..

not caught fish on them yet! but time will tell..

i dont think they have to look "professional" as fish dont know that they're fake!

i like the nail varnish idea.. can pick that up cheap in the pound shops!!

thank you

Sue