Where can I buy Impact caps for leads?

Only for the discussion of Terminal Tackle ie: Links, crimps, Swivels, clips, weights and so on.
DuncBooth5

Where can I buy Impact caps for leads?

Post by DuncBooth5 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:13 pm

Hi All,

Just come in to a large quantity of lead and have used some casting rubber and some old leads to make a mould for 4, 5 and 6 oz impact leads. Piano wire does nicely for the loop and some smaller guage for the grips. What I need now are the nice little plastic caps to go on them. Any ideas????

frazzle

Post by frazzle » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:27 am

Breakaway sell impact caps for there leads I think, just go to a good online store and type in breakaway lead accessories or somthing and they may come up.[/img]

Magictoys
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Magictoys » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:57 am

If you do manage to find them can you please let me know where. as currently mould my own geminis and have fort about moulding breakaways but never been able to find the caps for them... hope you remebered to put the bait clip in the top with the loop!

partx

Post by partx » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:07 pm

medlar
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by medlar » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:05 pm

i could be wrong but arent they made to screw onto the lead???
what you gonna use to put through the lead to screw the impact shield to???

DuncBooth5

Post by DuncBooth5 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:14 pm

Thanks guys,

Medlar, you're thinking of the Gemini type breakaways which do scre on. The bits for these are really easy to get hold of, but I'm not that keen on them.

I havn't had any sucess on line with these whatever searcg definition I put in. I'm going to have a word with myu brother. He's an industrial model maker and may have a clever trick for making them myself.

Partx, the beads will definately be useful.

Cheers again. If I have any luck, I'll let you know.