Fishing Crimps, Beads and Swivels.

Only for the discussion of Terminal Tackle ie: Links, crimps, Swivels, clips, weights and so on.
Fish4Fish
Regular
Regular

Fishing Crimps, Beads and Swivels.

Post by Fish4Fish » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:16 pm

I have used the stand-off blood loop for attaching a snood in a patenoster rig for some 35 years. What advatage does the relatively modern new-school system of crimps (which could surely damage the monofilament), beads and swivel have over the old-school method? I always have incorporated a swivel at the top of my rigs and a lead link at the other end, but have never tried the newer system of snood attachment.

Nevertheless, I am eager to try out the crimps, beads and swivel system, but are there any pit-falls I should look out for and try to avoid.

mrix
www.sea-fishing.org creater
www.sea-fishing.org creater

re:

Post by mrix » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:08 am

I never had one problems with using crimps :) basically if you get the right size crimp for the size line then your ok :wink: but saying that you can over crimp and that would damage the line yes after a while crimping becomes second nature. You can actually buy a crimping tool which will help you at first. The benefits hmm well I would normally use them when making a clip down rig to enable far better casting distance which also clips the bait tight to the rig body which will also protect it. I suppose its all down to the type of fishing you are focusing on :?:
Cheers
mrix

Thom
Regular
Regular

Post by Thom » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:06 pm

two tips, dont overcrimp them, the second buy in bulk! beads can cost as much as 3pench each depending on size colours etc but if you buy in bulk you can get 10 per penny lol

needafish

Post by needafish » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:06 pm

hi

i agree with what has been said. i to use crimps beads and swivels on my traces. if this helps you can now buy a crimp with a swivel already on it . so you use just one item not five. not sure who makes them.[it might be mustad.] hope this helps.