Anti-crab wine corks

Only for the discussion of Terminal Tackle ie: Links, crimps, Swivels, clips, weights and so on.
frazzle

Anti-crab wine corks

Post by frazzle » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:35 am

Hi

If i were to use wine corks on my snood to lift the bait of the bottom that would be effective as a anti crab device but i'm not sure the best way of attaching it. It has to fit on a long distance pennel clipdown rig with a impact shield pref. however the may be other ways.

Feedback anyone!

medlar
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by medlar » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:48 am

put it on above your hook/hooks then put a stop knot either side of it to stop it sliding up or down,then you can alter it to take the bait higher up into the water if you want to

Thom
Regular
Regular

Post by Thom » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:14 pm

i have a special rig for corks, you need some heavy wire for making booms, twist one end to form an eye thread the cork on cut to length then twist the other end to form the eye... its great! eh but it does involve putting two extra knots in your hooklength...

frazzle

Post by frazzle » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:37 am

Sounds like a good idea that but wont it get caught up in the main rig line?

Thom
Regular
Regular

Post by Thom » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:59 pm

not if the bottom section of the snood is shorter than the top, well in theory to be honest i never have many problems with them... if anything it reduces tangles when using very long snoods due to the boom effect of the heavy wire

Thom
Regular
Regular

Post by Thom » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:02 pm

oh by the way keep in mind however you attach the cork it must be atleast half way down the snood towards the hook... or else the hook wont be lifted off the bottom before the cork is ancoured down by the rig itself