Float making

Only for the discussion of Terminal Tackle ie: Links, crimps, Swivels, clips, weights and so on.
jester

Float making

Post by jester » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:39 am

Hi all

Been having some problems with line damage from shop brought sliders, so I have decided to try and make some of my own floats (use to do peacocks for coarse) .

Does anyone do this already that may have tips on how and where to get materials ?

Does anyone know of stockist for night lite floats (eyed not sliders) where you insert night lites ?

cheers

Pat

welshsteve
Occasional
Occasional

Post by welshsteve » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:48 am

I use the middy starlit night floats , pull the top off put a glowstick in and way you go, I also use a drennan quick change float adaptor on the line as they have half a tiny swivel for the line to pass through and I find that this helps massively as your bait is sinking to float depth.
Cheers Steve

jester

Post by jester » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:57 pm

Cheers for the swift reply and info Steve :)

Pat

westonjay

Post by westonjay » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:27 pm

Hi i'm new to sea fishing and haven't tried any sea floats yet but i have made my own stick floats/ wagglers/ pole floats and pike floats for years i get most of my materials from hobbycraft the only exception being peacock quill which i get from my local zoo they usually have some lying around after they cean out the peacock enclosure for sliders all you will need is a length of balsa dowel which you can get from any diy store and paint and varnish can be bought from hobbycraft.

jester

Post by jester » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:40 pm

Cheers Jay

Will start my hunt for the stuff and start creating.

all the best

Pat