slider rig?

Only for the discussion of Terminal Tackle ie: Links, crimps, Swivels, clips, weights and so on.
pompeyfc123

slider rig?

Post by pompeyfc123 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:29 pm

i bought a ready made rig by mistake and have'nt a clue how to use it or where/when to use ive asked a couple of freinds but they now as little as me so if any1 could help id really appreciate it, thanks ant

cookiemonster

Post by cookiemonster » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:12 am

What do you mean by a slider rig m8. Is itsomething that you can clip to your line with a long trace with hook on the end. If so attach a small fish, such as pollack, mackerel, sandeel or even a live prawn to the hook, clip rig to your main line which should be on the bottom and then let the rig slide down. You now have a live bait on your line which is great for catching bass. Best of luck......Colin

Welchy
Occasional
Occasional

Re: slider rig?

Post by Welchy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:16 pm

pompeyfc123 wrote:i bought a ready made rig by mistake and have'nt a clue how to use it or where/when to use ive asked a couple of freinds but they now as little as me so if any1 could help id really appreciate it, thanks ant
Do you mean a running ledger.......

pompeyfc123

Post by pompeyfc123 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:05 pm

cookiemonster wrote:What do you mean by a slider rig m8. Is itsomething that you can clip to your line with a long trace with hook on the end. If so attach a small fish, such as pollack, mackerel, sandeel or even a live prawn to the hook, clip rig to your main line which should be on the bottom and then let the rig slide down. You now have a live bait on your line which is great for catching bass. Best of luck......Colin
yeah thats pretty much it only with a 2 ounce weight attached to it

cookiemonster

Post by cookiemonster » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:10 am

If I was you mate I would change the weight to something a bit more meater like a 4 or 5oz weight with or without grippers, depends on where you are fishing , what the weather is like, bottom sandy or rocky etc...........By putting a heavier weight on you shouldn't get too much movement on your line. You could also put another rig right at the end of your line with say a squid or mackerel bait on it for the chance to catch a bottom feeder. Hope this helps..........Colin