New to Lures!

Discussion of sea fishing rigs, clip down, wishbone, up and over, flapper and long distance rigs.
martymcfly1981

New to Lures!

Post by martymcfly1981 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:08 am

Hi.

Have been fishing for about a year now and more than often use rag/squid etc. Have been looking on the internet and thinking about using lures. The fish shaped ones. Do these work? Can you just cast out and leave it and see what happens or do you have to keep it on the move?

Also have no idea how to tie them and what sort of set up would you need.

Any help, greatly appecaited!!!

Martin

crazy-dude
Regular
Regular

Post by crazy-dude » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:01 pm

The basics of lure fishing is that you are trying to mimic a small bait fish so that the larger fish will strike. You need to keep the lure moving, jerking the rod in different directions as you wind the lure back in. When i use a lure I usually tie a swivel to the end of my line then attach the lure to the swivel with a clip.

hussy

Post by hussy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:59 pm

I belive you are on about latex lures eels and shads.. Sidewinders and most brands of shads work very well. Alot of them are pre weighted so its just a case of tie on and cast! Not forcing you to buy from me but look at my site http://www.monsterfishing.co.uk for ideas on what type you are looking for., Ihave a good selection to take note of. :D

ANDYT63

Post by ANDYT63 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 pm

hussy wrote:I belive you are on about latex lures eels and shads.. Sidewinders and most brands of shads work very well. Alot of them are pre weighted so its just a case of tie on and cast! Not forcing you to buy from me but look at my site http://www.monsterfishing.co.uk for ideas on what type you are looking for., Ihave a good selection to take note of. :D
Hello matey
Just wondering, now that your sponsering this website as well as posting links to your buisness and in light of the fact that you also appear to be a mod, if you will be also sponsering the next Orford beach clean ??

DuncBooth5

Post by DuncBooth5 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:20 pm

You're sooooo forward Andy!! And there was me thinking that you were so shy and demure!! :D :D

Better yet, sponsor it AND come and do the clean! :D :D

ANDYT63

Post by ANDYT63 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:10 pm

I have my moments :D

WELL ?????

DuncBooth5

Post by DuncBooth5 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:21 pm

And this may well be one of your finer ones! :D :D