Creating snoods?

Discussion of sea fishing rigs, clip down, wishbone, up and over, flapper and long distance rigs.
Nem
Occasional
Occasional

Creating snoods?

Post by Nem » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:05 pm

Ello again, just wondering the best way of creating a snood is?
I've recently been using the Pulley rig alot, but one reason I want to switch now is that I can't think of any way to get 2 baits on the line, unless it's a wishbone rig. But I guess they would tangle easily.

What I would like to be able to make are two hook flapper rigs (They're the paternoster with 2 snoods right?). Anyway, the main problem I'm having is thinking of a way to keep the two snoods in place. For a paternoster I would just use a slide swivel, however due to having two lines now, they would tangle easily.

Tying two separate swivels onto the rig, I guess, would cause it to be very weak. Would it be possible to just put a bit of tape on either side of the snoods to keep it in place or even something silly like Blu-tack?

Sorry it's difficult to read, can't explain the problem clearly :(

ROCK-ROVER

rigs

Post by ROCK-ROVER » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:30 pm

hi nem
click on rigs 1 to the left it shows how 2 tie flappers
tight-lines
ROCK-ROVER

Nem
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Nem » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:09 pm

Thanks for the reply Rock, what I'm wondering is if there are any other ways of securing the snoods to a certain part of the rig body without crimps.
Right now I'm making paternosters with a sliding snood so it's basically always beneath the weight.

diego-dogfish

Post by diego-dogfish » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:51 pm

There called 'T-bar crimps' at least thats what i use its basically a crimp that you compress onto the line with a swivel on the crimp......