distance casting rigs

Discussion of sea fishing rigs, clip down, wishbone, up and over, flapper and long distance rigs.
multi169

distance casting rigs

Post by multi169 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:33 pm

just thoght i say that when you get a new multiplier like a penn mag xtra or a mag elite you should always use a distance castng rig like the penns they are the sorta reel you would take you thumb off the spool with use a distance casting rig and line the lay out nicely and have the penn mag setting on 7 6or5 and then fluff ups will be very rare

stuartdv

Post by stuartdv » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:25 pm

you've lost me completely there mate- I though Bread was surreal...LOL

PS- welcome to the site

Nemesis_SLR
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Nemesis_SLR » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:28 pm

yup, im with stu on this one :-/

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:43 pm

Erm, I gotta Kuma eggbasher wot don't do fluff an use clippy down rigs wot goes quiet far if I bungs 'em well. Fort I would says dat cos it mite help someones hoo dont no wot it's about.

Bread

Post by Bread » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:45 pm

I think he is saying that when using a penn mag, use a distance rig like a clipped down bomber to remove most of the line if its just been re-spooled to get the line lay on smoothly under tension.

Or it could mean something a bit more sinister in that if you read it backwards in a mirror you could summon up Alan Yates >:)

Nemesis_SLR
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Nemesis_SLR » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:48 pm

Summon the dark one! >:)

channel Alan Yates!

Bread

Post by Bread » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:52 pm

eccles wrote:Erm, I gotta Kuma eggbasher wot don't do fluff an use clippy down rigs wot goes quiet far if I bungs 'em well. Fort I would says dat cos it mite help someones hoo dont no wot it's about.

Blimey Eccles - have you been on the vapours ????

Is that the Kuma Impact 80 or the Kuma Eggnetix?

stuartdv

Post by stuartdv » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:58 pm

Bread wrote:I think he is saying that when using a penn mag, use a distance rig like a clipped down bomber to remove most of the line if its just been re-spooled to get the line lay on smoothly under tension.

Or it could mean something a bit more sinister in that if you read it backwards in a mirror you could summon up Alan Yates >:)
If you wanted to do that just use a plain lead (no rig) first cast- then reel in under tension then attach appropriate rig.

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:22 pm

I use one of they plane leads when trying to show folk how far they can chuck it with jest a eggbasher reel if they get their casting action right. Cos they just fly over the horizon! My eggbasher reel is the kuma Pro 65 recently replaced by the "halogen" which I suppose must be a lighter version with a name like that LOL. This mucking about is all because I am bored stiff with absence of fish due to the non-fishy weather we have been having down here. Non-fishy? = flat calm north/easterly light breeze hence nothing to interest fish along the beaches.