ROTTEN BOTTOM RIG

Discussion of sea fishing rigs, clip down, wishbone, up and over, flapper and long distance rigs.
mulletman
Occasional
Occasional

ROTTEN BOTTOM RIG

Post by mulletman » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:47 pm

Hi all. I live in essex and surronded by estuary fishing like, Tilbury, Canvey etc and was recently advised to use a Rotten Bottom Rig. Can anyome please tell me the best waqy to tie this as was too embarressed when advised to say i didnt know how to do it :-/
Much appreciated and apparently could save me a few rigs?
Cheers.

DuncBooth5

Post by DuncBooth5 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:01 pm

Gemini do a rotten bottom clip. Basically you tie on old lead to the cip with some weak line and then slip the lead on to the clip. The whole thing then clips onto the ordinary lead link at the bottom of your rig. When it hits the water it releases the lead and bob's your fathers brother. It sounds a bit complicated but get some and you'll soon work it out.

loki

Post by loki » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:29 pm

stuartdv

Post by stuartdv » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:50 pm

The NESA link used to have details of cannylinks- which are an extremely effective and cheap rotton bottom link- but I cant find any reference anymore- does anybody know if these are still being made?

Nemesis_SLR
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Nemesis_SLR » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:01 pm

i have noticed when fishing here in devon that the weight often doesnt get snagged its the sodding hook! X( if not casting too far use a upside down gemini rig clip mmmm cheap! :D

mulletman
Occasional
Occasional

ROTTEN BOTTOM RIG

Post by mulletman » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:25 am

CHEERS FOR THE REPLIES EVERYONE, AND KEEP THE TIPS COMING. VERY HELPFUL SO FAR, THANKS TO YOU ALL.