bait presentation

Discussion of sea fishing rigs, clip down, wishbone, up and over, flapper and long distance rigs.
brynla

bait presentation

Post by brynla » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:19 pm

hey guys just want to pick your brains plz what is the best way to present squid on a hook i was thinking using a pennel rig ?
is squid any good cut in strips and if so what is the best way to cut it into strips ?
its prob really simple and im prob making myself look like a right tit askin stupid questions lol any help would be much appreciated as always look forward to reading ya comments.

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:42 am

hi brynla im not the most expireanced angler but i was shown by one of the site members how to pannel rig squid ,put the bend of the hook through the squid from one side and then back from the other side pull it up to the free hook so to speak hook it up and then bind with a few raps of bait elastic as to the strips cut them long ways and thread them on the same way but keep on going till youve got all the strip on the hook i have found it works well but should think there are other ways no dout someone will explain hope this is of help
steve

brynla

Post by brynla » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:33 pm

cheers steve that is a great help much appreciated bud