pulley rigs

Discussion of sea fishing rigs, clip down, wishbone, up and over, flapper and long distance rigs.
twitchfagan
Occasional
Occasional

pulley rigs

Post by twitchfagan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:58 pm

well lads ive always used ready made rigs and im out a fortune buying them so ive decicde to tie my own. doed nebody no wat lengh the snood and the pulley line should b on a pulley rig r does it matter at all???

john B-) :D

oggy_chomper

Post by oggy_chomper » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:13 pm

Have a look at the ready made rigs button on left side of page....

baitdigger
Regular
Regular

Post by baitdigger » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

Hi John,
Pullies are a simple rig made difficult by people who want to make them complicated.
I always make the rig body from 80lb Sakuma, Ive never had any problems with this so I see no need to change.
As for length, I like to use them as long as possible, the ones I use for rays on calm days may be 60 inches long. Anything longer and I struggle to cast it. The general rule is the longer the pully the more likely it is to tangle or snag. On rough or broken ground you may need to go as short as 18 inches. I guess you could start off with a few around 24-30 inches and see how you get on. The good thing about making your own is that you can alter lengths until you find the right one to meet your needs. The main reason for me fishing them so long is that I like to catch rays and would fish for them all year round if I could. I have heard that rays can be spooked if they settle on the wire of a grip lead so I try to keep the bait as far from the lead as possible.
I have also found that the thinner the diameter of the hooklength the easier it tangles, ive noticed this with my bass rigs as I tie them with flourocarbon which is much thinner than the 60-80 lb mono I use for rays and huss.
Hope this helps.

NEIL

twitchfagan
Occasional
Occasional

Post by twitchfagan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:08 pm

thanx neil better help than that other guy.lol i bought all the components there yesterday of veals there arriving 2moro i bought theml proper pulley beads from breakaway, there ment to stop wear and tangling, we,ll av 2 c.lol
ill give it a whirl and let u know how i get on

thanx

john :D

oggy_chomper

Post by oggy_chomper » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:21 pm

I'm sorry that if pointing you in the direction of information about rig body and snood length which you asked for is of no use to you.....will I bother again...

twitchfagan
Occasional
Occasional

Post by twitchfagan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:21 pm

didnt mean 2 b rude man dus needed a bit more detail thanx an sorry 4 being so rude.

john
:D