Tackle Reviews

General Sea Fishing Tackle discussion here.
rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Tackle Reviews

Post by rabbi2 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:43 am

I would like to hear about new and old fishing tackle from you guys, as your the folk that use it. Im not worried if its a good or bad review so long as its your honest opinion. Im fed up to the back teeth reading reviews that are specifically designed to promote various bits of gear and are therefore somewhat biased. Lets face it how many of you have gone out and purchase the latest super dooper thingymajig only to find that its the bigest load of crap in your armoury of fishing equipement. I remember one instance when Penn brought out a new saltwater spinning reel. My mate bought one and it let him down the first time he used it and every time thereafter, (weak bail arm return spring that kept jumping of the pawl).

Ok I know that this will cause some distress to someone with a nice shiny thingymajig only to have it run down by someone, but if its your honest opinion then so be it.

Remember you do have the right to reply without it turning into a heated argument and by giving your honest opinion you may be helping another forum member.

You can work it out on the star system 1 to 5 and state why you have given it the rating that you have.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fladen Solid Carbon Boat Rod

Post by rabbi2 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:07 am

wotnofish
Regular
Regular

Post by wotnofish » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:22 am

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:27 am

Never tried spinning, somate I must do before I pop me cloggs LOL, just got into fly tying, and what a cobblers Im making of that. Well I'll persever and see if I can improve.

mrix
www.sea-fishing.org creater
www.sea-fishing.org creater

re:

Post by mrix » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:33 am

Yes we do have a fishing tackle reviews page which can be found under the catagory resources in the main menu. Unfortunately we dont get that many reviews :(
cheers
mrix

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:34 am

sorry bout that will post there in future.

wotnofish
Regular
Regular

Post by wotnofish » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:10 am

rabbi2 wrote:Never tried spinning, somate I must do before I pop me cloggs LOL, just got into fly tying, and what a cobblers Im making of that. Well I'll persever and see if I can improve.
have a ahnkering to try fly fishing myself sometime but I've got to master the ordinary stuff first.

Plus I've got so many bags of tackle around the house that Higher Authority has already got the 'ump. No way I can start adding more kit. ~X( :(( :((