Just Starting Out - Tackle Advice?

General Sea Fishing Tackle discussion here.
Peakoverload

Just Starting Out - Tackle Advice?

Post by Peakoverload » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:33 am

soleman

Post by soleman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:45 am

DuncBooth5

Post by DuncBooth5 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:13 am

Soleman's pretty well summed it up. What he didn't say was that yes, you can get your bait from the local tackle shop but with a lot of them, you'll probably have to order it.

So, if you get some kit sorted, fancy a trip up to Orford Ness in Suffolk for a bit of cleaning, a bit of fishing, a good crack and some really good advice? I'm sure there's a post on here somewhere about it. :lol:

soleman

Post by soleman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:18 am

DuncBooth5 wrote:Soleman's pretty well summed it up. What he didn't say was that yes, you can get your bait from the local tackle shop but with a lot of them, you'll probably have to order it.

:
Oh yes I did!! :lol: :lol:

DuncBooth5

Post by DuncBooth5 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:29 am

Oh all right, you did. But I can hardly leap in like a harlot and invite the bloke to Orford without saying something first!! Anyway, you could have asked him and I wouldn't have had to embarrass myself with a grovelling apology to you!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, buy yourself a copy of Sea Anglers 'Baits and Rigs for Beginners' from Smiths. It's a good get you started sort of book.

There, now, are you coming or not? :lol: :lol:

ANDYT63

Post by ANDYT63 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:33 am

Bl**dy eck, its like taking one step into Dicksons and getting leaped on by the sales assistant.

soleman

Post by soleman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:33 am

DuncBooth5 wrote:Oh all right, you did. But I can hardly leap in like a harlot and invite the bloke to Orford without saying something first!! Anyway, you could have asked him and I wouldn't have had to embarrass myself with a grovelling apology to you!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, buy yourself a copy of Sea Anglers 'Baits and Rigs for Beginners' from Smiths. It's a good get you started sort of book.

There, now, are you coming or not? :lol: :lol:
See! you first tell me I havn't included important info on a post and now tell me to go buy sea angler as I'm a begginer. How insulting!! :lol:

And yes I am coming

DuncBooth5

Post by DuncBooth5 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:39 am

NOT YOU you steaming great pillbox!!!! God almighty, you can tell it's a bl**dy bank holiday can't you!

Right Peak. Soleman did say about ordering bait. I did invite you to the Orford do and suggested a good book. For you. Not him. 'Cos you can really go off people quite quickly. But then, I get this kind of abuse all the time. Rotten gits that they are!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There Mr "I'm at work and have nothing better to do" Soleman. Or are you Mr "I'm at home and having a lazy day" Soleman? 'Cos if you are, I'm going to ring you and let one of my dogs breathe heavily down the phone at you! :lol: :lol:

soleman

Post by soleman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:41 am

DuncBooth5 wrote:NOT YOU you steaming great pillbox!!!! God almighty, you can tell it's a bl**dy bank holiday can't you!

Right Peak. Soleman did say about ordering bait. I did invite you to the Orford do and suggested a good book. For you. Not him. 'Cos you can really go off people quite quickly. But then, I get this kind of abuse all the time. Rotten gits that they are!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There Mr "I'm at work and have nothing better to do" Soleman. Or are you Mr "I'm at home and having a lazy day" Soleman? 'Cos if you are, I'm going to ring you and let one of my dogs breathe heavily down the phone at you! :lol: :lol:
I'm at home, can you give me her name before she calls!! :lol: :lol:

DuncBooth5

Post by DuncBooth5 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:41 am

Yeah-Woody!! :lol:

soleman

Post by soleman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:52 am

DuncBooth5 wrote:Yeah-Woody!! :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Peakoverload

Post by Peakoverload » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:08 am

DuncBooth5

Post by DuncBooth5 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:53 am

Peakoverload

Post by Peakoverload » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:29 pm

Well I'm gonna aim to keep things in the "cheap, but not so cheap you'll regret it" budget :wink:

Would appreciate opinions on the following:

Rod
http://www.tackleuk.co.uk/leeda-piranha ... -2258.html

Reel
Is there an reason why I couldn't just use one of my baitrunner reels? I mean, what is the difference between a sea reel and a course reel other than the depth of the spool? If the answer is yes would you use the baitrunner facility or would you disengage it?
If the answer is no, what about:
http://www.tackleuk.co.uk/okuma-mistiqu ... -3138.html

Cheers

DuncBooth5

Post by DuncBooth5 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:54 pm