Head Torches

General Sea Fishing Tackle discussion here.
eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:44 am

Some folk have more money than sense.

blakdog

Post by blakdog » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:59 am

eccles wrote:Some folk have more money than sense.
That would have to be someone who doesn't spend any then? :lol: There's no point in being tight......you can't enjoy it when you're dead!!!!!

Bread

Post by Bread » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:23 pm

blakdog wrote:
eccles wrote:Some folk have more money than sense.
That would have to be someone who doesn't spend any then? :lol: There's no point in being tight......you can't enjoy it when you're dead!!!!!

very very true BD.

DuncBooth5

Post by DuncBooth5 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:09 pm

If this government carries on the way it's going, you won't be able to enjoy it while you're alive either! :evil:

concrete

Post by concrete » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:21 pm

No point being the richest man in the cemetary.

I always buy quality whenever possible.

How many batteries would you buy to keep a cheapy headlight going for 5 years.

Mine costs a penny a charge. That works out at a quid a year. That's good value for money if you ask me.

DuncBooth5

Post by DuncBooth5 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:36 pm

concrete wrote:No point being the richest man in the cemetary.
In your case we'll make an exception! :lol: :lol:

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:50 pm

Erm soz Concrete but me cheapy is equipped with rechargeable batteries = charging about 1000 times. I recharge about once a month so should last about 1000/12 = 83 years. I could be dead by then. You tackle tarts really should know by now that I am not interested in flashy stuff I just like catching fish. I prefer to spend me money on things that matter like a large detached house, 60yd backgarden, 3/4 mile from the beach, no mortgage. There, you have finally got me to re-act so can now belt up and go back to yer pies LOL.

concrete

Post by concrete » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:00 pm

eccles wrote:Erm soz Concrete but me cheapy is equipped with rechargeable batteries = charging about 1000 times. I recharge about once a month so should last about 1000/12 = 83 years. I could be dead by then. You tackle tarts really should know by now that I am not interested in flashy stuff I just like catching fish. I prefer to spend me money on things that matter like a large detached house, 60yd backgarden, 3/4 mile from the beach, no mortgage. There, you have finally got me to re-act so can now belt up and go back to yer pies LOL.
I'm quite happy in my detached bungalow with no mortgage and my own business where I can go fishing whenever I please.

That's enough dick waving, lets just agree to disagree.................

Anyway.......................................

My lights still better than yours :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:06 pm

He he he, we must meet up one day for a proper argument and I can take you for a pint to our ancient waterside pub where one can sit out on the quayside at night with a pint and fish for eels.

blakdog

Post by blakdog » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:11 pm

eccles wrote:He he he, we must meet up one day for a proper argument and I can take you for a pint to our ancient waterside pub where one can sit out on the quayside at night with a pint and fish for eels.
But wouldn't a cheap caravan have done just as well eccles......you only need it to sleep in and store your fishing tackle.....and your fishing tackle wasn't expensive so it wouldn't matter if it was stolen as you could replace it for 2/6 and still have change for the cinema and a bag of chips.

My fishing gear might be expensive......but I don't have to pay council tax on it every year :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bread

Post by Bread » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:13 pm

eccles wrote:He he he, we must meet up one day for a proper argument and I can take you for a pint to our ancient waterside pub where one can sit out on the quayside at night with a pint and fish for eels.

at night ?

I hope you will have some suitable lighting :-)

(anyone got a light?)

concrete

Post by concrete » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:45 pm

blakdog wrote:
But wouldn't a cheap caravan have done just as well eccles......you only need it to sleep in and store your fishing tackle.....and your fishing tackle wasn't expensive so it wouldn't matter if it was stolen as you could replace it for 2/6 and still have change for the cinema and a bag of chips.

My fishing gear might be expensive......but I don't have to pay council tax on it every year :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bread's got a cheap caravan if anyone wants it :lol: :lol:

Bread

Post by Bread » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:59 pm

Not anymore I haven't
:-/

wotnofish
Regular
Regular

Post by wotnofish » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:47 pm

Royal Oak?

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:23 pm

No thanks mate, yer can't fish there and the food is ruddy awful: Went there last Christmas cos mrs thought it looked pretty. They took for ever to serve our orders and what finally turned up was amateurish to say the least. The quay by The Ship gives you room to move, it's virtually snag free and you can cast into the main channel without too much effort. Mind you, there is a need to use pop-up rigs or the crabs will wreck your bait in seconds.