New Fangled Gizzmo

General Sea Fishing Tackle discussion here.
rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

New Fangled Gizzmo

Post by rabbi2 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:37 pm

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:10 am

Fascinating Keith but now I want to ask myself (being of similar age and wisdom to your goodself), why would I want to bother? My last decent fish, first cod of the season and big enough to turn into cod and chips for three, arrived last Wednesday and quite happily chomped a nothing more than a relatively small lugworm freshly dug from local harbour.
Having said that with no intention to make you envious, I do believe in trying the novel where possibly necessary: I recently discovered that an ebay fella in Hong Kong is selling "single bulb" Luxeon LED headlamps for just a fiver. I can't quite believe that said lamp can be much cop at that price but decide to give it a go anyway. I can honestly report that this headlamp is quite brilliant for the money - significantly brighter than the multiple LED lamps we have had for a few years now but not so blindingly bright as those mini searchlights which some folk pay megabucks for.
Anyone who wants and can't find on ebay can PM me and I will try to guide you there. Bye for now to all my happy readers.

alien
Occasional
Occasional

Post by alien » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:44 am

I love all these new fangled contraptions and will be interested to see how you get on with it. Next tme you go on ebay do a search for "led lure"

Torsk
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Torsk » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:59 am

http://eng.escaglobal.com/ IS that it Rabbi ? I posted a thread on it a while back
http://www.sea-fishing.org/ftopict-20638.html
Least now yr a guinee pig to test it lol ..Good luck let us know the results plz ..

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:32 pm

A very warm welcome to the forums mate.
Cheers
keith :D :D

whatawhopper

Post by whatawhopper » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:38 pm

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:28 pm

Yep thats the one.
Cheers
keith :D :D

whatawhopper

Post by whatawhopper » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:55 pm

I would be very interested to hear feedback from people who have purchased and used the Esca Lure...

Cheers
Andy

whatawhopper

Post by whatawhopper » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:05 pm

turboman

Re: New Fangled Gizzmo

Post by turboman » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:23 pm

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:05 am

Well Turboman, that was'nt a very constructive criticism. If your going to reply to a post, your supposed to give an opinion on the subject of the post. And not, as you have done, personally insult the person posting. I can't see this kind of response helping the site at all, in fact its more likely to put people off posting, if they feel they are going to be ridiculed.

turboman

Post by turboman » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:43 pm

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:03 pm

I havnt noticed these posts or i might have, if it was a personal attack on someone. I read your reply again, and nowhere can i see where its meant to be humourous, not even a smiley to give this impression. All you said was "definitlely a sandwich short of a picnic" you didnt even say why you thought this. you now say it was an opinion of the product, I cant see it, it sounds like an opinion of keith. another interpretation could be, "your an idiot for buying it" I consider myself to have a great sense of humour, but the written word can be misinterpreted very easily. and im betting im not the only one that didnt see the humour in your post. If i think someones crossing the line, or close to it, i will say so, just to keep the site friendly and informative. If you want to start swearing, and having a pop at me for doing what i think is right thats fine.

joliroger

Post by joliroger » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:01 pm

I am dropping down on Manics side on this one, although............as he said sometimes that which is written is not always meant in the way it is read, I threw my 'dummy out of the pram' the other night reponding to a posting re f/s reel in retrospect i perhaps should have been a bit more restrained and counted to ten...........this is a good friendly forum...........people make a 'rickett' sometimes its human nature !!!!!!!!

JOLI

jacko69
Tackle Forums Mod
Tackle Forums Mod

Post by jacko69 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:14 pm

everyone has their opinion but when foul langage is used in a post reply then its getting out of order please refrain from personal attacks and foul language or the post will be locked, the reply has been edited by myself

Dave :D