Paternosters

General Sea Fishing Tackle discussion here.
rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Paternosters

Post by rabbi2 » Thu May 17, 2012 6:30 am

Anyone remember the old wire paternosters? Do they still make them? Well the answer is yes. I found a lad who makes them up in his spare time.

Back in the 60s we used to have to cast with them as there was nowt else on the market at that time.

Does anyone still use them either for boat or pier fishing. I found some in my kit still in new condition (made of stainless) and got to wondering if I will ever find a use for them?
Cheers
keith :D :D

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Thu May 17, 2012 7:06 am

Well I still do them K for boat fishing because in my opinion they help to stop the snood tangling around the sinker, etc., on the way down.

sniggle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Paternosters

Post by sniggle » Thu May 17, 2012 8:27 am

[quote="rabbi2"]Anyone remember the old wire paternosters? Do they still make them? Well the answer is yes. I found a lad who makes them up in his spare time.

Back in the 60s we used to have to cast with them as there was nowt else on the market at that time.

Does anyone still use them either for boat or pier fishing. I found some in my kit still in new condition (made of stainless) and got to wondering if I will ever find a use for them?
Cheers
keith :D :D[/quote]

Cut them into little bits and use them for making leads Rab , in general wire booms are an abomination beach or boat and i will not use them with the possible exception of short wire booms to keep the snood near the bottom when after sole .