Discussion of Sea fishing bait, Mackerel, Ragworm, Squid, Hermit Crab, Lugworm bait.
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:00 am
- Location: laoise ireland
hey how 2 u put on a squid bait cause i have tried a few times and it never seems to work
- Posts: 356
- Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:00 am
- Location: East Yorkshire (withernsea) Peddle Power
well i would say try using a pennel rig or you can use bait elastic to bind it onto the hook if you just using a single hook.
but i think a pennel rig would be best to be honest.
- Posts: 191
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:00 am
- Location: Barrow in Furness, cumbria
- Advanced User
- Posts: 1414
- Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:00 am
- Location: sunny sheringham north norfolk
- Posts: 187
- Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:00 am
- Location: somerset
also i normaly gut the squid and pack it full of lug then bait elastic the top so its all packed down nice and tight the hook it on the pennal rig and use more bait elastic to hold it in place then stab the suid all over with a knife or bait needle to let the juices out
hope that helps abit
Best way to get a whole squid a long way, superbly presented is using a DVice. Pennel the squid on, stuff it it the tube and bang it out.
for more info.