blacks

Discussion of Sea fishing bait, Mackerel, Ragworm, Squid, Hermit Crab, Lugworm bait.
andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

blacks

Post by andy1_i »

can anyone tell me the proper way to bait up with blacks on a pennel? ive just been putting them on like normal lug but only half way then folding the other half up and elasticing it on,in effect doubling it sort of.

thanks

Andy1i

turboman

Post by turboman »

If youre using defrosted frozen blacks easiest way is to thread them onto a baiting needle then elasticate them and then slide them onto your hook length

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

yeah pretty much what i thought a la "lugworm" stylee.just thought i would ask as i dont get the chance to use them much,tight budget and all that

cheers turboman

Andy1i

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi Andi, I do it the same way as you describe, Half the worm up the main hook, then fold it over onto the top hook, and elasticate it, makes a chunkier bait, and less likely to slip down over the hook tip. Cheers..Mick

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

so its just a case of " get it on hook firmly,get hook in water! " :D

Andy

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Water :-O no one told me you had to chuck it in water. :-S

turboman

Post by turboman »

andy1_i wrote:so its just a case of " get it on hook firmly,get hook in water! " :D

Andy
Yeah - just bang it on without any care or thought towards neat presentation- you could just mush it all up into a big snotty ball and stick it on a 10/0- :((

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

turboman,not being petty (ok maybe i am).

my bait "presentation" isnt too bad,i do a ribbon and bow with my bait lacky and maybe a couple of squid tentacles for dangly bits.

oh dont forget the fact that the bait looks good on the hook but gets battered in the drink,oh god im getting pedantic.

but will try the "snotty ball on a 10/0" anything is worth a try.

tight lines fella,and may COD shine upon you ;)

Andy1i

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Keep away from size 10/o hooks............far to big, but hey!it's your choice.................'snotty balls' are my thang!!!!!!!!!........rock on Andy 8-}

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

joli im using 6/0 rigs at moment,and still pulling in small snotty pouting,they must like the snotty bait or the "bows" =))

Andy