cocktails

Discussion of Sea fishing bait, Mackerel, Ragworm, Squid, Hermit Crab, Lugworm bait.
waynybob

cocktails

Post by waynybob »

Hi all. Can anyone tell me the best way to make and attach a squid and lug cocktail to the hook. I would like to try it on my next trip
thanks.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Basically put your lug on the hook as normal and tip it off with a bit of squid so as to stop the lug coming off the hook.
Cheers
keith :D :D

4CodsSake
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by 4CodsSake »

Or use a pulley rig with whole suid, then wrapp 2-3 lug around the squid and attach with bait elastic. :)

Craig

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

or you could try filling the squid tube(after removing head n guts) with lug then pierce all over with a bait needle then put on pennel rig,then take head n guts hook this onto bottom hook and then bait elastic the guts up the squid tube.

but for general worm tipping its just a small piece of squid about the size of a thumbnail or try a small square bit of elastic band (a tip that was mentioned on here :D ) this helps prevent the worm sliding over the hook barb.

hope this has been of some use

Andy1i

bugboy
Regular
Regular

Post by bugboy »

A kind gentleman recently passed me this advise with squid and lug,
(Thanks Baitdigger).

If its calamari(small squid) I pull the wings off, strip some of the skin and pull out the quill from inside (the bit that looks like a peice of plastic.) I mount this on a pennel pulley rig of 4/0 or 5/0 hooks, thread the lower hook through the tail and out from the body cavity. Put a couple of nice worms on the hook and up the line, then pull them into the squids body( so you stuff it with worm.) Secure the bottom hook through the head and then lash the squid on with bait elastic. Wind the top hook round the line a few times and nick it through the tail of the squid.

ed

waynybob

Post by waynybob »

Thanks for the tips. theres plenty for me try.

essexkenny
Regular
Regular

Post by essexkenny »

As well as worm, this is also a good way of using softer baits such as mussels, cockles and other shellfish. Might be worth trying, as these can be rather underated as bait.