Oiled worms???

Discussion of Sea fishing bait, Mackerel, Ragworm, Squid, Hermit Crab, Lugworm bait.
essexkenny
Regular
Regular

Oiled worms???

Post by essexkenny »

Has anybody tried the new fad of oiled black lugworms rather than frozen??
Apparently oiling them and then not freezing stops them turning into mush when they'r in the water, Like frozen worms turn when they thaw out.
Has anybody tried them and have you had any luck ????

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Not tried them but have seen them, apparently they are the 'Dogs nads' pair them with peeler for Cod, you can buy them from 'online baits'

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi not tried the oiled ones but have been useing salted for about three weeks now and havent had great results on them so was thinking of trying the oiled ones to see they go im ordering some this week and will post as to how things go
steve

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

thats a new one on me,i do my own salted lug,but would be interested in the process of 'oiling' them as i quite often have a few left over from a sesh,and being a tight so and so dont want to waste them

Andy1i

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi andy have sent you a pm
steve

daddytim

Post by daddytim »

is it true that when you get rag dug or bought is it true that wd40 spraying on it is there more chance of catching fish lol

screemin reels :D :D
TIMMY

daddytim

Post by daddytim »

hah m8 tight you are only jokin

TIMMY

oggy_chomper

Post by oggy_chomper »

Have seen wd40 increase catches in puddles but if you squirt it on yer worms all your going to do is kill them.

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

am now doing my own oiled lug,salt them for no more than 3-4 days,shake as much salf off as you can (a gentle shaking in a gardeners riddle does wonders) get a tub of oil,peeler+squid+pilchard etc, and and old ice cream tub,fill with oil then mix in the salt lug,and leave them for a good week,then use them whenever you need,im getting a few catches on them,oh and dont forget to put them on with a bait needle ;)

all the best

Andy

ps it saves throwing away good worm

aston74
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by aston74 »

OMG
not the old WD40 road again
help, please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daddytim

Post by daddytim »

just heard it on the tv but didnt know wheather to believe it or not i guess i shouldnt lol

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

we do try to avoid the water displacement number 40 discussion,it does tend to raise its ugly head once in awhile,spray it on reels not bait :D

all the best

Andy

daddytim

Post by daddytim »

haha yeah erm what is the best bait for cod to use in the tyne

TIMMY