stiff rigs !!!

Discussion of Sea fishing bait, Mackerel, Ragworm, Squid, Hermit Crab, Lugworm bait.
scubadude

stiff rigs !!!

Post by scubadude »

Hi all. just a quick one to add me and my pal were fishing the other day and i just so happens i had a clear out of my old tackle box and found some of my old carp hair rigs. ( next move me being me thought i wonder if these would work. so i put on an anti ejection hindge rig and i was catching well. and not missing any hookups with the fish. total for the mad evening me 11 whiteing 2 cod. my mate 3 whiteing 1 cod. so it could be a considence or luck, worth a go.

its basicly a 12inch snood made of really stiff mono 60lb
one end with the hook and the other attached to the lead
in the middle part make 2 loops so you acheive a hindge in the middle of the snood. thats it

try it.

jimjam
Regular
Regular

Post by jimjam »

I too have a stiff rig mate still in the packet. So i know what im doing after school tommrow what bait did you use on it mate? did you hair rifg or just put it on the hook ?

James

scubadude

Post by scubadude »

Hi

I cut the hair off. placed 2 lig straight on the hook. The theory behind these rigs is that for the carp they are designed to stop the ejection of the bait once mouthed by the fish carp in the proper instace. but im sure that the theory can work as well for all our sea fish.

im not sure that it would work for heavier big squid baits but light single or double worm baits the logic exists.

enjoy.
sd

jimjam
Regular
Regular

Post by jimjam »

great advice mate thanks definatly going to use this tacktick :)

James