RAZOR CLAM / FISH

Discussion of Sea fishing bait, Mackerel, Ragworm, Squid, Hermit Crab, Lugworm bait.
joliroger

RAZOR CLAM / FISH

Post by joliroger »

Bit of info please, how many baits per Clam/fish do you get, or do you use an entire one ?????on the hook

JOLI

stingraysteve
Occasional
Occasional

Post by stingraysteve »

I've always used a whole one per bait, make sure you elastic it on though

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Cheers mate thanks ...................JOLI

Ribfisher
Occasional
Occasional

Re: RAZOR CLAM / FISH

Post by Ribfisher »

joliroger wrote:Bit of info please, how many baits per Clam/fish do you get, or do you use an entire one ?????on the hook

JOLI
Hi I have never tried them I may give them a go.

redmouse
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by redmouse »

their my number 1 Bass bait. i usually cut them in half and bind them on with a good bit of elastic.
small tip with them tho, i find that if their still a little frozen the elastic cuts thru them very easily and they come off the hook. make sure their defrosted properly.
also, i find them the one bait that i can freeze again if unused. it doesnt seem to make a difference with them. i usually bring a few more than i reckon i need just in case the fishing is good, if their left over i give them a quick rinse in water and pop them back in the freezer.
have a look in any asian markets with a fish section for them, much cheaper than the tackle shops. a good fish mongers might be able to order them for you but you might have to order a good few from them.