Berkley Gulp Sandeel what is it ?

Discussion of Sea fishing bait, Mackerel, Ragworm, Squid, Hermit Crab, Lugworm bait.
flynnboy

Berkley Gulp Sandeel what is it ?

Post by flynnboy »

Hi

I read an article recently in which the writer stated that the Berkley Gulp Sandeel was "excellent for estuary fishing and spinning off the rocks......... " I thought I would have a go at them and they arrived this morning, but I'm confused.

From looking at the packet they are obviously used as substitute bottom bait as they come with a 'flavour'/'scent' and are contained within juice in the packet. Are these the same thing that I read about and can they simply be used for spinning also as suggested ???

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Anything that says Berkley Gulp aviod like the plague as its flamming useless.
Cheers keith :D :D

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

i had the 3" shrimp ones,alas to no avail,crabs like em though.and stinky had some peeler ones,maybe thas why he lost so much gear last time out lol (sorry stinky)

Andy1i

bucko
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bucko »

squirrel

Post by squirrel »

I bought some of the Gulp crabs as a standby bait, used them and nothing touched them at all. I don't rate them either.

flynnboy

Post by flynnboy »

Thanks guys ! Wow, so much for their hype !

Still interested to know if they can be used for spinning as the guy who wrote the article seemed to suggest or whether they are uniquely for the bottom ?

FB

phatboy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by phatboy »

u can use them for spinning with a simple cast and retrieve method (similar to feathering) but your just as well using the unscented eels (redgill etc).
but personally i would use fresh/frozen eels.

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Iv'e done okay with the crab,nothing spectacular but okay the rest is a waste of time in my opinion.

JOLI