Artifiical Fishing Baits

Discussion of Sea fishing bait, Mackerel, Ragworm, Squid, Hermit Crab, Lugworm bait.
PaulS

Artifiical Fishing Baits

Post by PaulS »

Anyone any thoughts on artificial baits?

I went out with my father & two sons today. We had four rods out, three with fresh rag &/or lug - excellent bait from Jetty Anglers, Southend - one rod had berkley GULP bait. Caught 18 school bass between us, not one one on the artificial bait!!

Saw lazy lug in tackle shop this morning, worms looked very small, can't seeingit ever replacing fresh lug. Not tried it myself yet.

Thom
Regular
Regular

Post by Thom »

i normally go fishing with my mate his dad and his mate. well ym mates dad mate ( :? ) bought some of those rubber crabs by berkley and supposidly had a good couple of codling on them early this year. i only ever catch mackeral on artificials unless im on a boat when anything fake works lol

i wouldnt mind trying fish n strips and other baits like that but i think theyre a rip off

Reels_on_wheels

Artificial versus live bait

Post by Reels_on_wheels »

ANDYT63

Post by ANDYT63 »

They are very rubbish !

DuncBooth5

Post by DuncBooth5 »

All in all, most of the reports I've seen where they've been used side by side with the real thing have shown them up to be an expensive waste of time. I suppose that they may have their use as a backup for an unplanned session when you can't get anything else but you just can't beat the natural gear.

As for that Lazy lug, heres a question that I've asked before:

Do you really think that the fish would like the taste of embalming fluid? :D :D

Bread

Post by Bread »

As I've said before, when using Lazy Lug or Berkely Gulp

YOU ARE BETTER OFF USING A SHOE !

VifferRider
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by VifferRider »

Bread wrote:As I've said before, when using Lazy Lug or Berkely Gulp

YOU ARE BETTER OFF USING A SHOE !
Why?

are you more likely to catch a Sole :))

fishyone

Post by fishyone »

You will catch fish with fish-n-strips crab, the green one is best. Iv'e caught whiting and flatties on it, and the lugworm one has caught whiting.

crazy-dude
Regular
Regular

Post by crazy-dude »

fishyone wrote:You will catch fish with fish-n-strips crab, the green one is best. Iv'e caught whiting and flatties on it, and the lugworm one has caught whiting.
This is the first person I have known catch anything from the berkely artificial baits range.

stick with the real thing it costs less and catches fish.