WD 40 and Fishing bait ?

Discussion of Sea fishing bait, Mackerel, Ragworm, Squid, Hermit Crab, Lugworm bait.
jacko69
Tackle Forums Mod
Tackle Forums Mod

Post by jacko69 »

Thank you both for being big enough to admit a mistake was made, its good to see we can all be friends and keep the site a friendly place

Dave :D

funkel

Post by funkel »

Glad thats been cleared up i'd hate to fall out with anyone over something as silly as wd 40 anyway apoligies again.

thanks all
funkel

redmouse
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by redmouse »

funkel wrote:Glad thats been cleared up i'd hate to fall out with anyone over something as silly as wd 40 anyway apoligies again.

thanks all
funkel
yeah, and id hate to meet ya on a local beach and have my gear thrown into the sea or even have some wd40 sprayed at me like a can of mace ;) ;) ;)

us cork lads are rare on this site. we cant be bickering like the hurlers.

funkel

Post by funkel »

Your right there redmouse them boys are doing enough fighting for all of us cork lads if you ever are planning a trip down my way let me know i promise i won't throw any gear in the sea!!

Cheers mate
Funkel

redmouse
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by redmouse »

whereabouts are you?

funkel

Post by funkel »

Hi redmouse we spoke before on this site i think. I am from youghal and if i remember correctly that would be a bit of a journey for yourself for a nights fishing

redmouse
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by redmouse »

yeah i think i was onto you before.

youghal is a bit of a spin for me alright but ive been sayin im goin there for the last 6 weeks but never do. some nice cod bein pulled in from there. a guy in work had one just under 6lbs a few weeks ago but dont think my casting is upto reaching the fish there.

funkel

Post by funkel »

Yha i was getting a few codling a few weeks back all in around 3 pound or so a guy caught an eleven pound cod down here recently but to be honest theres not much being caught at the moment its very slow.There was a competiton here last sunday with about 35 anglers fishing it and one flounder won it.I would'nt worry about your casting theres a a nice strecth of quayside in youghal where you don't have to be a casting expert to stand as good a chance as anyone else.

robc22
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by robc22 »

Spraying your baits with WD40 is an old wives tale........ Everybody tries it but it never really works.....

Disco3

Post by Disco3 »

Hi Chaps,

I cant believe that WD40 causes so much conversation on forums.

Im also a forum member on a popular Land Rover site where WD40 has had a lot of discussion on whether it is a lubricant or an anti seize agent, if you read the back of the tin it says it does both!. Although it doesn't mention anything about a fish bait additive.

I think it's a conversation started by the company to boost sales and advertising.....

Andy

mrix
www.sea-fishing.org creater

re:

Post by mrix »

I think it's a conversation started by the company to boost sales and advertising.....
actually a very good point and a sales tactic used a lot with different products I would imagine.

cheers
mrix

jimbob3651

Post by jimbob3651 »

good c the lads made up after all we all on the same boat >:D<

cbcb

Post by cbcb »

Just to throw a bit more into the mix i did a search on youtube and you can find videos of people swearing by the stuff.... hope this helps....!!!

Cheers
mr cb

mrix

re:

Post by mrix »

Yea I agree there is just so much on this subject over the net and after reading a fair bit of it I leave an open mind.
cheers
mrix

bobncod

Post by bobncod »

I'm trying to keep an open mind on this, but I just can't see why a fish would develop a taste for oil? I'll try dipping my worm in engine oil this week and let you know if it works........