Rig Bodies

Please only use this forum for the discussion of Sea Fishing Lines and Braid.
sparkyman

Rig Bodies

Post by sparkyman »

Hi,

Another question for you all - I'd like to learn what folks are using (prefer) for their rig bodies ? Bit of a census I guess, just curious to see if there is line that seems to be more popular than most and the reason why people prefer it

Many Thanks

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 »

I use Ultima memorx memmory 40lb and florocarbon trace.

DAZ

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

60lb trace with 20lb snoods
Cheers
keith :D :D

redmouse
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by redmouse »

i just use whatever shockleader i have, usually greased weasel in 50lb but lately ultima powerflex 60lb as i got a big spool and no complaints with either

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

I use 40lb Amnesia ;)

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 »

Hi FF heres one for you m8 Florocarbon (excuse the spelling you know what I mean) do you think it helps from the shore or boat ,I know freshwater fish get caught alot more so therefore spook easier ,but sea fish are not to aware if thats the right word of constant angling? :-/ :-/

DAZ :D :D

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Also have used 50lb Greased Weasel for several years - it's quite supple and thus goes up through the rings well, also knots well and I have never had a failure.

sparkyman

Post by sparkyman »

For Rig bodies.....with a 50/60lb shock leader I guess I should be using at least 50/60lb for the rigs. I'm currently using Ultima Seastrike......but I think there must be something a lot better out there in the 60-80lb class that knots up nicely.

...just replaced a frayed Ultima Powerflex tapered 15-50lb shock with a new Daiwa Tournament tapered 16-60lb leader - now this stuff is great - the 60lb end pulled up easily into a perfect looking grinner knot this evening - nice & slick solid feeling line....if I could find something like this in 60-80lb clear for the rigs, I'd be very happy.

baitdigger
Regular
Regular

Post by baitdigger »

rig bodies- 60-80lb Sakuma rig body, enough strength to cope with casting (pulley rigs) and good abrasion resistance.

spursdog

Post by spursdog »

I use amnesia too, and find that really good on the shore, now on a boat its different,as if targeting skate (thornies) i use 60 -100lb traces to hook as they would and could grind through anything lighter, for cod i normally use the 40lb amnesia but have just started to use 25lb flurocarbon line ( snowbees ) and its really good stuff.