COLOURED SHOCKLEADER

Please only use this forum for the discussion of Sea Fishing Lines and Braid.
twitchfagan
Occasional
Occasional

COLOURED SHOCKLEADER

Post by twitchfagan » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:18 pm

wel i have used clear shockleader since i started fishing,is there ne advantages in using coloured shockleader r is it just for look????

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:25 pm

personally, i have used a variety of colours over the years and can confirm it has made no difference whatsover to my catch rates. but thats my oppinion. other people may beg to differ!!

tensenervoushaddock
Regular
Regular

Post by tensenervoushaddock » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:35 pm

coloured shockleaders make it easier to untangle stuff (well, as long as you don't get rigs and hooklengths the same colour, they do.) I think the fashion was set by the casting over grass types as it makes finding their cracked off failed casts easier to find.
Fish don't seem to mind any colour.

actionsanta
Occasional
Occasional

Post by actionsanta » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:50 am

I use orange leader in the winter, and red ice 18lb main line, the advantage is it makes it easier to see. I also have noticed that colour makes no difference to catch rate. (still rubbish!)

Steve

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:03 pm

i use a hi-vis leader at night and in the winter that way you can tell where your gear is in the surf if a fish is on,its just for visibility.summer when the waters are alot clearer i change over to a clear shockleader.doesnt make any difference ive found to my catch rate