Page 1 of 1

Tapered shockleader to standard reel line ??

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:42 am
by Lookin4Fish
I'm sure its been covered before but I can't find the posts.

I've heard about line which is combined shockleader and normal line on the same spool, not just tapered shockleader that still needs to be tied on to reel line, but a complete length combined reel line/shockleader, e.g 40lb for 'x' meters tapered down to 15lb for the balance of 100mtrs+, so there is no need to tie a shockleader along any lengh of the line, does anyone know what its called ?

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:03 pm
by geordiesandman
not come accross it, but it sounds like just the ticket! hopefully someone does know

Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 pm
by rabbi2
Not trying to dampen things but what happens if you get a snap off?, buy more line or buy tapered shockleader?
keith :D :D