SWITCH????

Discussion of Sea Fishing Reels, multiplier and fixed spool reels.
geordiesandman
Advanced User
Advanced User

SWITCH????

Post by geordiesandman »

I've just purchased an inexpensive rod real combo, mainly for the reel as i've not got my good gear with me. part of this is a fladen power freerunner 50.
its got a front and rear drag and an anti reverse switch, but also a larger flic switch on the top that i cant fathom, whats its purpose?

cheers graham

baitdigger
Regular
Regular

Post by baitdigger »

Sound like a free spool lever. If it is when it is clicked over, line should be able to be pulled off the spool while the bailarm is engaged allowing a fish to run with the bait without feeling resistance.

geordiesandman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by geordiesandman »

yeh now that i've had a bit play with it, ithink you arerigt. when its not engaged everything is as i'm used to. when is engaged the rear drag effects it.... should be fun getting used to this tommorrow... another button to press....lol

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Sounds like a Carp 'Baitrunner' exellent idea I think they should be standard on all F/S reels, you don't have to use it but its an option.

JOLI :D

conga
Regular
Regular

Post by conga »

joliroger wrote:Sounds like a Carp 'Baitrunner' exellent idea I think they should be standard on all F/S reels, you don't have to use it but its an option.

JOLI :D
I agree Joli,as I mentioned in a previous post if the old Abu Cardinals had had a baitrunner system,what a reel that would have been!The freespool feature has saved me from having rods dragged in on many occasions when carp hit your bait and take off for the snags!! The nice thing about it is that it disengages instantly as soon as you turn the handle on the reel allowing you to put pressure on the fish.Mick :D :D