Akios multiplier reels

Discussion of Sea Fishing Reels, multiplier and fixed spool reels.
conga
Regular
Regular

Akios multiplier reels

Post by conga »

Anyone thinking of getting one of these in the near future? Do you think they will become popular in view of what is on the market already?I have resisted getting this sort of reel at the moment as I am trying to arrange some casting tuition locally to see if I can get on with them as I normally use FS but would like to try my hand with a multiplier as well,Cheers,Mick :D :D

conga
Regular
Regular

Post by conga »

reel_wizard wrote:There's an awful lot of rumours floating around about these ... most of which I'm personally very doubtful about, particularly the bit about them being manufactured in Japan.

There's probably a very good reason why they are so similar to the ABU models .... I'm ptretty sure they are manufactured by Pures Chinese manufacturer. To me the knobby type mag and the end caps with the arrow are the giveway - ABUs chinese partner has been badging these up for various companies worldwide for the last couple of years ... the ABU magtrax system is currently the only part of the average ABU that has a valid patent ... hence they use a knobby equivalent, strangely similar to the chinese made 7000 mags ;)

Given that it is so much cheaper than the equivalent ABU I would severely doubt that they are any more Japanese than I am ... the cost of Japanese products have gone up considerably over the last year or two! That in itself does not mean that they are a bad deal ... just don't be misled by a fancy Japanese name - time will tell if they are any good.
Thanks RW-if I get on OK with multis I will be asking advice before I part with any dosh as there is so much available,cheers for now,Mick :D :D

cuckoo

Post by cuckoo »

im going to have a few chucks with these soon , ill let you know how they compare to the new abus , just purchased a couple of the new abu pro mags and well they are awsome casting machines :D :D