Daiwa Emcast Evo

Discussion of Sea Fishing Reels, multiplier and fixed spool reels.
SeaTurtle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Daiwa Emcast Evo

Post by SeaTurtle »

Looking to introduce my Carping mate to the pleasures of beach fishing so trying to set him some F/S kit up.

I've got a couple of Emcast Evo's knocking around and wondered if these would be any good off the beach - just for odd trips and and making sure I rinse them in freshwater afterwards.

Line capacity looks to be up to it and they have twistbuster, ABS, Castlock etc. - it's just the corrosion element I'm a bit concerned about.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers, Dave

SeaTurtle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SeaTurtle »

Cheers for the reassurance reel-wizard - I thought they'd probably be ok - Daiwa engineering is normally pretty good

Cheers, Dave

conga
Regular
Regular

Post by conga »

SeaTurtle wrote:Cheers for the reassurance reel-wizard - I thought they'd probably be ok - Daiwa engineering is normally pretty good

Cheers, Dave
Quite right mate,I have two Daiwa big pit reels which I also use off the beach and have had no problems at all with them,obviously follow the advice about cleaning/oiling after exposure to salt water and yours should do just as well,tight lines,Mick :D :D

SeaTurtle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SeaTurtle »

Cheers Mick,

I used to take all my reels in the bath with me after a beach trip (just to rinse them off - nothing sexual !) - but the missus started get a bit shirty !

Cheers,

Dave