Getting a new Multiplier ?

Discussion of Sea Fishing Reels, multiplier and fixed spool reels.
kev37
Occasional
Occasional

Getting a new Multiplier ?

Post by kev37 »

HI all been thinking about getting a multipier and was just wondering how much a good but cheap one would be

thanks kev B-)

daddytim

Post by daddytim »

its not so much good for cheap you actually get what you pay for
but i would suggest getting a f/s last longer and you ca pay cheap for good then and f/s are less complicated to use.

screemin reels :D :D
TIMMY

geordiesandman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by geordiesandman »

i'm with timmy n this one. however if you definately want a multi, your robably better deciding what you can afford then looking at what you can get for your money.

also, bear in mind, a lot of manufacturers sell under other names at lower prices, though it will take a bit of research to find out who

graham

strathy
Regular
Regular

Post by strathy »

fishhunter
Regular
Regular

Post by fishhunter »

depends what you want it for .....clean ground i would look at a 2nd hand Daiwa 7ht or a 2nd hand Daiwa SL20SH

for heavy rough ground maybe a Penn 535 or a Daiwa Sl30SH..

look on flea bay and see waht you can afford as you can usually pick up all these reels around the 55 quid mark if you have a good eye for a bargain.

Also the F/S reels are only really good (IMO) if you are willing to part with some cash as well for a decent one....believe me i have tried the cheapos and it deffo pays to spend a bit more (although i would highly recommend the Daiwa BF5500 if you can find one)

I made the change from F/S to multi last summer and have enjoyed learning to use a multi and now the only time my F/S gets out is for a bit of macky bashing in the summer.
Good luck with making up your mind

kev37
Occasional
Occasional

Post by kev37 »

Thanks alot a big help 98% chance get a multi will keep the f/s for macky though

THANKS KEV B-)

fishhunter
Regular
Regular

Post by fishhunter »

Go for it Kev you will not regret it