how good

Discussion of Sea Fishing Reels, multiplier and fixed spool reels.
dontcatchmuch

how good

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi all i would very much value your veiws on how good is the quantum hypercast sp040 multiplier as a beech casting reel for a novice to use im thinking at a rrp of around 80.00 its not the best on the market but at the same time i would think its not the worst at that price i can get one for 30.00 brand new so would it be worth me geting it or is it not any good for a novice to use
cheers steve

rockhoper
Regular
Regular

Post by rockhoper »

strathy
Regular
Regular

Post by strathy »

I only know of 2 people with Quantums and both broke on their 2nd trip out. Both lads now have Abu,s as they couldn,t get the parts for the Quantums to fix them. Typical Ebay specials.
Have a look at the offers spottydogtackle has on Abu,s which at least you can get parts for.

jim79
Regular
Regular

Post by jim79 »

to be honest for that sort of money you would be better off buying a good 2nd hand abu / 7HT or something ,

the 1 thing that is true with multi is , you definatly get what you pay for , cheap ones wont cast properly and will birdie every other cast , either save you money for a better 1 or buy 2nd hand mate.

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

thanks for the advice fellas i am going to bye an abu as i have tryed a mates one it was just at 30.00 quid for a 80.00 reel and it being new well you know the rest but i think ill give it a miss
cheers steve

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

dident give it a miss in the end as got two for 30 quid both brand new
but still going to buy the abu as well
steve

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

just to update you
the hypercast loaded them with 80lb braid so as no knot to catch in the level wind ,i have only had 3 bird nests from them and have field cast and fished with them at least 100 times now ,had know probs what so ever with them ,only ended up paying 27.98 +5.99 p+p for both
the abu have used my mates spear one a few more times since its an old 5500 model a great reel but still want to buy my own a new one and have been looking at the ambasidur 6500 c3 ct mag elete whats you opinuions please of this reel
cheers steve

cuckoo

Post by cuckoo »

Its all i use steve ;) i just brought a pair of 6500 ct pro mags they have got to be one of the best beach casting reels abu ever made :D :D

SeaTurtle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SeaTurtle »

Bloody hell Lee - you get through more gear than I do !!

Got my eye on a couple of 7HT Mags !

Dave