Rod rings.

Discussion of sea fishing rods, boat, beach, surf casting and spinning rods.
SimonV
Occasional
Occasional

Rod rings.

Post by SimonV » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:56 pm

Im looking at changing the rings on my Sonik SK3 FS to some Fuji ones. Ive been told "Fuji bnhg" are a good solid ring to get. Anyone have these on their rods or could anyone recomend any others?

Cheers

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:35 pm

Why do you want to change them simon? There is very little difference between Fuji's and the average good quality SiC ring in my experience.

redmouse
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by redmouse » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:57 pm

i had to buy a bpht tip ring for one of my rods, this is the tip to match the bnhg,
i was told by the shop that he has had some problems with the newer ones. he reckoned the older ones were made and assembled in japan but the newer ones were made from japanese componants but assembled in the uk and there was a lot of people not happy with the quality, equally there were plenty who had no problems with them.
he basically said it was upto me to decide on wether to buy them but not and all he could do was advise me of the problems some people had with them. i opted to try them but bought 2 to be safe, no probs so far so i may have been one of the lucky ones.

its worth thinking about before you replace a full set of rings with them.

sniggle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by sniggle » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:07 pm

Have a look at Pac Bay Minima 4`s , they are flavour of the month.

Tough , light and relatively cheap. :)

kirk

Post by kirk » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:50 pm

sniggle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by sniggle » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:02 pm

[quote="kirk"]The Pac Bay items are good but unless they are available from a UK supplier can be costly.

I ordered some thread, 4 reels, from Pac Bay and the post office charged me the duty on it, that was OK, then added either