Another, "which Rod" sorry..........

Discussion of sea fishing rods, boat, beach, surf casting and spinning rods.
davetucker

Another, "which Rod" sorry..........

Post by davetucker » Fri May 20, 2011 3:36 pm

Last edited by davetucker on Fri May 20, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Fri May 20, 2011 4:14 pm

As stated in my previous post

Fladen Charter Beach should suit you. It is a low priced budget rod that does everything you want and it will cast up to 9oz with a good bite indication. So will be able to cope easily with 8oz pendulam cast. I do know that the tackle shop on Brid pier stock them at a reasonable price

I would spend the most of your budget on a quality reel
Cheers
keith :D :D

Iknowagoodplaice
Regular
Regular

Re: Another, "which Rod" sorry..........

Post by Iknowagoodplaice » Fri May 20, 2011 5:38 pm

davetucker wrote:Hi
I used to fish regulary in the early 90s and could cast around 175 yards, with a pendulum cast. Now returning to beach fishing and looking for a new road.

Dave
Ah yes, we are all looking for a new road, a path to enlightenment, a fresh world free from troubles, pollution, blanks ...

Not sure a Fladen Beach wotsit is the answer thought Keith.

strathy
Regular
Regular

Post by strathy » Fri May 20, 2011 11:41 pm

Avoid the Fladens for your area. Best of the cheapies for up there is the Ron Thompson Axellerator. Also worth looking at the Shakey MTI 300. Otherwise look at Conoflex or Ziplex.
Probably best to go and scope out your old marks and chat to the lads who now fish them.

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i » Sat May 21, 2011 2:35 pm

from what i hear,go with what feels right for your casting style.depends on what conditions you intend to fish.reading through this thread,im feeling maybe a century kompresser could suit you,although slightly unforgiving if you fluff a cast.

Andy

davetucker

Post by davetucker » Sat May 21, 2011 3:18 pm

Hi Andy "leaning" towards the Kompressor WR300 and a Diawa Millionaire 7HT Super Tuned,

Dave

pendulampete

Post by pendulampete » Sat May 21, 2011 6:53 pm

rabbi2 wrote:As stated in my previous post

Fladen Charter Beach should suit you. It is a low priced budget rod that does everything you want and it will cast up to 9oz with a good bite indication. So will be able to cope easily with 8oz pendulam cast. I do know that the tackle shop on Brid pier stock them at a reasonable price

I would spend the most of your budget on a quality reel
Cheers
Your having a laugh arent you mate,i would love to see any fladden rod pendulam casted with 8oz :-O :-O :-O

pete :>

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Sat May 21, 2011 7:00 pm

I'm only going off what it say on the tin. (Rod) mate :D :D
Cheers

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Sat May 21, 2011 8:40 pm

Like i have stated before you get what you pay for. If you have a basic casting style then go for whatever rod suits you. Any advance casting then you will have to up your budget ;). Proper pendulum casting and off the ground styles will put a lot of pressure on your rod. From a safety point of view i would avoid the cheaper makes :)

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i » Mon May 23, 2011 8:04 am

is that the same fladen charter beach,3 piece that is rated for 4-10oz? if so i tried my mates one for a pier fish,and used a 5oz lump with a overhead thump ,rod was almost bent double before i went to cast,thought i was going to snap the thing.how it could be rated for 10oz i dont know.however i do have a fladen rod i use in the summer for close in bass work,which performs well,but im only putting it less than 20yrds.

sorry Keith wasnt trying to knock ya buddy

all the best

Andy

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:23 am

No problem Andy my mate, It's just that I saw them being used on the east coast quite a lot up at Brid and Scarbourough and noted the casting weight stamped on it. Thinking that it would be excelent value for the money I thought of saving the lad a few bob.
Cheers

baitdigger
Regular
Regular

Post by baitdigger » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:34 am

davetucker wrote:Hi Andy "leaning" towards the Kompressor WR300 and a Diawa Millionaire 7HT Super Tuned,

Dave

WR 300 is a hell of a stick, great for stopping tope or dragging conger out of rocks. Imho try one of the new AFAW tournaments or a Nemisis slr from conoflex.