fishing advice

Discussion of sea fishing rods, boat, beach, surf casting and spinning rods.
alison

fishing advice

Post by alison » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:51 pm

what rod would the members suggest to go with the aerlex xs 8000 reel thanks

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Hi Alison, I have moved this to the rod forum where it may get a quicker response.
Cheers
keith :D :D

fishy1330

Post by fishy1330 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:18 am

hi picking a rod is not as simple as you think first you will need a fixed spool rod that is the easy bit, now we will need to now how you intend to fish / were / then we will need to now your build , for example short folk generally can cast a short rod better than a long rod some thing like a Penn Affinity Bass or a Mustad Viking Lite Beach they will be able to cast 100 meter and you will have now trouble holding out when the sea is big ,or you can go a bit up market Century Tip Tornado ultra lite, this rod will cast over 200 meters , or you can go for the next up in rods some thing like a DAIWA SUPERCAST 12' FIXED SPOOL. or a Centaur TX 12ft 3"or a Fladen Warbird 12ft beach for the money the warbird a bit of a rarity all are able to cast up to and over 150 meters , then you get longer rods general there is a lot more technique needed to cast thees rods my self i back-cast it is easier i have 2 fused vertebra, plus it is a quite a simple cast to learn , so long rods, Anyfish Anywhere Six&Bait MkII 14' or Ian Golds Extractor 14' Fixed Spool Ron Thompson Axellerator 13'6" , to finish its not that dyer there is always some one to help on the forum eventuale LOL ian

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:43 am

I take it that you are a lady fisherperson and if this is so then a really long rod would be completely unsuitable unless you are are a well built girl.
Personally I would sugest a rod 12 to 13ft with a sloppy action.

Others may give you better advice especially from a lady member
Cheers
keith :D :D